Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Yee Haw!

CEB

Suppose to play 5-8. OSMR supposed to play 8-10:30. No time was allowed for changeover. Now Clare Dunn is here and supposed to play between us. LOL. Music is fun.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We played an hour but needed to quit there is currently a charity auction going now. Not sure if we are going back on. The leather furniture in the green room is nice.

The club manager thought Old Southern Moonshine Revival was playing till 1:00.

This is a Charlie Foxtrot. Our manager is kind of upset but it is a huge charity event. It is not always all about the band. We sound good today and we have regular well paid gigs here till 2016.

Just told the auction is almost done. I guess i need to play. Damn this leather couch feels really good.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Those events rarely, if ever go as planned. I always LOL when there's some event and there's a schedule with maybe a few minutes for band changeovers. Some bands get screwed on time, probably the one I'm playing with. I just take it as it comes and enjoy what I do get to do. Sometimes, we get lucky and get to play a little longer. But whatevs, this is supposed to be fun and that's what I'll do. :thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Seems like whenever there is an auction involved, the translation is: "Cut your expected set list by half, and you'll be lucky to get that in!".

But the good news is we get paid the same, even if it means sitting in the green room, eating their food, and drinking their wine! :cool:

Played with a jazz quartet at a "Business After Hours" charity event several years ago.

Hundreds of local business owners, and some local celebrities. We were scheduled to play for 4 hours. Played for perhaps 1/2 hour, then a local TV weatherman (local celebrity) gets on the mic and proceeds to "entertain" the crowd for the next 45 minutes - this guy had a colossal ego. Then the charity auction... meanwhile the musicians were hanging out at the complimentary bar the entire time.

We went back for the last 20 minutes, at least half in the bag. Maybe 75% in the bag. Good paying gig.

Muzikteechur is Lonnie, in Kittery, Maine.

HS music teacher: Concert Band, Marching Band, Jazz Band, Chorus, Music Theory, AP Music Theory, History of Rock, Musical Theatre, Piano, Guitar, Drama.

Archived