Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Just Got a Pair of ElectroVoice ZLX 12-P Powered Monitors

HammondDave

My EV ZLX-15P came in today, so I guess I've "joined the club"! From my limited experience, the "Live" and "Monitor" settings are necessary if you place the speaker on the floor.

It sounds great in my house at a low level. I'll try it in a band situation tomorrow night.

David

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking forward to getting mine. Ordered it from Pro Audio, "used". I have bought EV's from them before that were classified as used and as far as I could tell, they just open the box, the seal it back up. They always seem to be in perfect shape.

this is a common practice by retailers to bypass "MAP", which only applies to new gear.

:nopity:

:cry:

I guess I feel pretty stupid now for paying the full $399 (+tax) ...

Actually, you can still pick them up for around $300 new.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Well if price paid is the measure I paid the equivalent of $US 500 for mine, lowest price available where I am. Thats the price we pay for living in a country that international retailers call treasure island.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

I $319 for mine and will be ordering a second one. I'm quite happy with it and have relegated my Alto TS10's to occasional monitor wedge use.

But to be completely honest, while the EV is much more powerful it also has a lot more bass emphasis - regardless of the setting. The Altos have a much flatter response, to my ears.

Our Sat. gig was through a EV EV ZLX-15p system. A EV ZLX-15p and an EV powered sub on each side, with 4 channels of EV ZLX-15ps for the monitors. It was clear! A pleasure to play through. Of course, I still used my new EV ZLX-15p to reinforce my keyboard sound. Not loud, but just a little support.

I can hear my keyboards a lot better now. This has really improved my playing experience. Thanks to all the forum members that told me to dump the Roland Keyboard Amp and get the EV ZLX-15P.

David

I have a weird thing with this speaker, recorded music and my FantomX7 sound fine on it, but the NordPiano's acoustics don't!

They sound fine on my studio monitors and even on the little Behringer, but the acoustic pianos and ZLX don't get along somehow...they sound harsh and cold.

Contemplating whether to return them, I still have a week...

On a different note, does anybody where the x-over point is? It is not in the literature.

Archived