Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Stockholm, Zappa, George Duke & Backing Trax

ITGITC

"The price of meat has just gone up and your old lady has just gone down." :laugh:

[video:youtube]4uv3ia0cFWI

OMG :taz:

A friend at work just turned me on to this.

George Duke @ 5:06. :thu:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
awesome video for sure, Tom. I have watched this particular one fairly regularly over the last several years and discussed it on the Yahoo Rhodes forum (which is now for all intensive purposes, dead). Lots of talent on that stage. I always wondered how Frank met Jon Luc-Ponty. That must be an interesting story.
:nopity:

Played this song in my band in high school and college, and I didnt understand even half of what I was playing. But it was a blast, and people loved it. Back then people knew good music.
Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

Wow! And what an intro! I've actually done a gig with the host, last autumn at a corporate event... He was DJ:ing at the very first paid gig I did, we chatted a bit afterwards and he was really nice and helpful, and tried to convince me not to become a musician. :) He was one of the live sound guys for ABBA back in the day, and had a couple of hit singles in Sweden throughout the years. Duke was really killing that solo! Heavy hands on the Rhodes...

Wow! And what an intro! I've actually done a gig with the host, last autumn at a corporate event...

Yeah. But did he actually call Zappa a Freaque (at 1:27)? :o:laugh:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

ah the days!!! I saw that band with George and it was FREAKISH!!! might have been what I had taking at the time!!!!

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

Yeah. But did he actually call Zappa a Freaque (at 1:27)? :o:laugh:

He was talking about things FZ had been called earlier..!

Thank you for the clarification!

Tom

Archived