Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

RIP Marian McPartland

Dave Bryce

Marian was a kind person, a fine pianist, and her interviews were always insightful. She helped demystify the elusive aspects of improvisation for her listeners, and she always approached it with a sense of fun.

She'll be missed, and I wish that someone will take up the mantle and keep her type of radio format going.

I know that Jon Weber was sub-hosting Piano Jazz the last couple of years. Weber's a great player.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was an avid listener, to the point I could tell when it was her playing, or her guest. She will be missed!!!

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

I was an avid listener, to the point I could tell when it was her playing, or her guest. She will be missed!!!

So true, she had a way of picking up on the soul, and sound of the guest. Listening to Piano Jazz was always an adventure. Missed the Dick Hyman interview; will have to seach for that.

RIP, Ms. McPartland. You were a class act.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Archived