Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

News on the Vent

Mr. Nightime

Wow guys! Thanx for the feedback! @Wayne

Sounds like you got her dialed..After chatn with ya it doesnt suprise me! The fact that you would go direct really says ALOT about the horsepower of that unit! A long time ago I was

given a Leslie(I think it was an 820 but dont hold me to that cuz that was alot of brain cells ago!..lol) Unfortunetly it was before my career started so I never had the pleasure of gigging with it.. I loved the sound of that monster but had one complaint..Pedal switch had slow/fast and that was it..no stop. So I see what you me

"A good mix is subjective to one's cilia." http://hitnmiss.yolasite.com

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds like you got her dialed..

Not exactly, Bill. Not even close. Barely hooked up is more like it. There are a lot of things I'd like to try, but I need more time and more space. I've had lots of GAS recently. I'm up to my ears in new keyboards, speakers, mixers, cameras, computers, video monitors, phones, tablet, and more different kinds of audio, AC power, wall wart, firewire, USB, and HDMI cable than ought to exist. Major indigestion after major GAS. It'll be quite a while before I have it all piled up and hooked up the way I'd like.

For now I'm enjoying having a rig packed up and somewhat ready to roll and a few more to play at home. All rigs are somewhat new or under construction because my trusty old Quiklok Z-72 stand is getting retired from road work. I want a two tiered one piece rig on wheels about the size of a spinet piano that rolls in ready to play; pedals in place, all wired up, with a pair of K8s and my seat tucked under the keyboards for transport. I'm very sick of lugging pieces and assembling the rig on the gig. I like all three piano pedals and two both CC pedals on the Kurzweil, plus the Hammond expression pedal on the right with Leslie speed switching on the left. I want the Hammond and the aux outs of the Kurzweil to go through the Vent. It'd also be nice to use MIDI so I can use the Kurzweil as a lower manual for the Hammond. That's way too much to wire up for every gig.

A simpler, lighter rig using just the Casio PX-5S isn't all that simple if I want all five pedals. With an expression pedal and audio routed through the Vent, the Casio organs will get the job done. So far I've tried it on every keyboard in the house except the acoustic piano plus my acoustic guitar. I like it. I wish I had two.

--wmp

Surprised nobody posted this here:

"BIG NEWS! Neo has just announced the mini VENT for organ! Both mini Vent pedals are preset devices maintaining the highly acclaimed sound engine of the original model. Features of the model for organ include 2 switchable presets, stereo output, true bypass and built-in slow / fast / stop switching. It will include cabinet simulation for the Leslie 122 just like in the original Ventilator. There will be an A and B setting (preset) switch, just like on the mini VENT. In lieu of knobs, the Drive (intensity) and Distance have 5 programmable choices which can be pre-selected by the user for each setting, and then stored in memory. It will be in the same 4" x 4" box as the guitar model. It will be the same price as the guitar model, and should be available in stores at the end of September."

I should be getting a guitar mini and an organ mini soon. I'll run them through their paces, make some video, and let y'all know the dealio.

Let's see how it is priced.... And how adjustable it is....

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

I should be getting a guitar mini and an organ mini soon. I'll run them through their paces, make some video, and let y'all know the dealio.

Thank You!! Looking forward to the videos! :thu:

"..BIG NEWS! ..."

From what you wrote the advantages are smaller (4x4 vs. 6x6), 2 presets and a stop feature w/o having to have a separate pedal to engage stop. Same engine as the original model, meaning no upgrade and no MIDI capability. Not enough enticement for me to replace the old with the new.

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

It will most likely be less expensive as well. I don't think this is meant to be an upgrade for existing Vent owners (the new Vent II will be, though) but rather for folks that don't own a Vent or need another one.

Ok then. I thought this was the Vent II that was being introduced. My bad. I'm guessing then that the Vent II will compete with the features that the BURN has and if the engine is upgraded and the price is competitive they have a winner and at least one sale from me. :)

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

In lieu of knobs, the Drive (intensity) and Distance have 5 programmable choices which can be pre-selected by the user for each setting, and then stored in memory.

I've grown wary of having a few selectable levels rather than continuous knobs. I blame Nord for this.

In lieu of knobs, the Drive (intensity) and Distance have 5 programmable choices which can be pre-selected by the user for each setting, and then stored in memory.

I've grown wary of having a few selectable levels rather than continuous knobs. I blame Nord for this.

That doesn't bother me so much.. I'm a set it and forget it guy.

Jay

www.soundcloud.com/high-diving-act

www.yournewneighbors.com

www.mclovinmusic.com

Nord Stage 3 Compact, Korg Krome EX, Novation Summit, Roland RD88 & Edge, Spectrasonic Keyscape

Unless its MIDI selectable, the five levels of overdrive, etc seems only to be there to cripple the device. Wouldn't it be less expensive to just put a continuous knob on it? Maybe... Maybe not...

Would like to see it priced at around $200 with the Vent 2 at around $350 (to compete with the Burn)... But fat chance on that one....

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

I don't say that because I feel the need to constantly tweak, but rather because the level I want always ends up being between two available levels. It seems like whenever there are, say, five levels, the level I really want is 2.5.

I don't say that because I feel the need to constantly tweak, but rather because the level I want always ends up being between two available levels. It seems like whenever there are, say, five levels, the level I really want is 2.5.

Ain't that the way.

Jay

www.soundcloud.com/high-diving-act

www.yournewneighbors.com

www.mclovinmusic.com

Nord Stage 3 Compact, Korg Krome EX, Novation Summit, Roland RD88 & Edge, Spectrasonic Keyscape

I'll bet the "mark 1" will be the classic vent and sell for more now.

Already working on rumors to start spreading, just to make this happen. Nothing specific and therefore testable, mind you; just the sort of vague, subjective rambling that gullible people will find compelling. "Man, there's just something about the original Vent that all the new models lack. They're not as present or ballsy. Can't put me finger on it, but the magic just isn't there like it was with the mark 1." Get enough people believing it, and I'll be able to sell my original for more than a Vent 2.

@ Hammonddave,

Yes, I agree with you. Though, as long as you run the Vent in full stereo (hopefully, the FOH is in stereo as well the monitors for your keyrig) the leslie-illusion gets very spacial sounding, almost 3D'ish, pretty authentic. But, a Vent run in mono seem just too one-dimensional.

Yamaha CP-80/S80/S90es/P125/DGX-670/AN1x/MOTIF XS-Rack/CS6R/Roland D-50/Prophet 5(Rev 3.3.)/OBX8/Prophet 5 (Rev 4)/OB-8/Juno-60/Jupiter-6/Studiologic Numa Organ with Neo Ventilator/Korg Kronos

Rats...Looks like this version of the VENT has been discontinued...Sweetwater has taken it off the website.

Yamaha CP-80/S80/S90es/P125/DGX-670/AN1x/MOTIF XS-Rack/CS6R/Roland D-50/Prophet 5(Rev 3.3.)/OBX8/Prophet 5 (Rev 4)/OB-8/Juno-60/Jupiter-6/Studiologic Numa Organ with Neo Ventilator/Korg Kronos

Archived