Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - Craig MacDonald Gets Hooked!

HammondDave

Everyone please join me in congratulating Craig on his Marriage this past Saturday... For a wedding gift I bought him a Mattel toy piano to go with his VR-09... (Thought it was a thoughtful gift...)

Good luck, Craig!

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For a wedding gift I bought him a Mattel toy piano to go with his VR-09...

A bit redundant, no? ;)

Congrats, Craig! Now you must learn the art of sneaking gear into the house. If you need advice, I'm something of an expert.

Yes I just blame other people on the forum when I sneak gear into the house.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

I just hope he's completely happy with his mate out of the box, and is not waiting for improvements that may or may not come.

Congrats, Craig! Oh, and I hope you had a great band at your wedding. ;-)

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

For a wedding gift I bought him a Mattel toy piano to go with his VR-09...

A bit redundant, no? ;)

Congrats, Craig! Now you must learn the art of sneaking gear into the house. If you need advice, I'm something of an expert.

Yeah... it helps to have a big house... "Organ? What organ?.. You saw an organ where?..."

Unfortunately its difficult to hide them in a 1500 sq ft house... My wife asked me the other day "What happened to that 147 you had in the studio?" well, its now under the stairwell matched up with a 122 for the organ in the dining room... but who notices that?

Marriage is all about compromise... and deal making... My wife's terms are very clear and very fair: One in... One out!

I highly recommend that you compromise with that. (plus, it helps the economy)... Otherwise... OY!

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Congrats Craig ! I hope you find as much joy and fulfillment as my wife and I.

We celebrated our 32nd this past June. All told, we've been together for 43 years meeting in HS as Juniors in 1970. Only could've happened in the Midwest/ St. Louis or maybe the East Coast. Highly unlikely a S. California scenario. ;)

Congratulations Craig. Don't forget to tell your wife how pretty she looks as often as you can. It will serve you well!

John Cassetty

"there is no dark side of the moon, really. As a matter of fact it's all dark"

Congratulations to you both Mr. and Mrs. MacDonald!

And congratulations to Hammonddave as well too. You married the right woman. A.) She calls a 147 a 147, and B.) she allows you to call that room "the studio."

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...

If Craig is as dedicated to his new wife as his VR-09, this relationship will go a long way...

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

If Craig is as dedicated to his new wife as his VR-09, this relationship will go a long way...

I met them both... And it's obvious that he is!

And it's also obvious that she "appreciates" all the foibles of loving a rock n roller! I predict a very long and prosperous marriage! (Contrary to our beliefs formed from some of his comments on this forum, Craig is actually smart enough to know when he has a good thing...)

I just hope he's completely happy with his mate out of the box, and is not waiting for improvements that may or may not come.

Brilliant!

In all seriousness, congratulations Craig! Very best wishes to you and your new wife!

Nord Stage 2 Compact, Yamaha MODX8

If anyone wants to call and congratulate Craig personally, I think his number is 867-VR09. Okay, not so funny. :bor:

John Cassetty

"there is no dark side of the moon, really. As a matter of fact it's all dark"

Congrats Craig!

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

Archived