Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Triton Extreme Stuck Button

Outkaster

The Triton Extreme I have now has a stuck Program Button so the bank of sounds can not be opened. I have fixed some M-1 and T-3s but never messed with a Triton in depth. Does anyone have any suggestions to fix it or had the same problem? Thanks in advance.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just had all of the buttons on my Triton Classic replaced since several were flaking out. Well, not the buttons themselves but the inner "tactile" switches.

http://www.guitar-parts.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/product_full/375010900.jpg

You may need to double check, but this looks like the part... available here:

http://www.guitar-parts.com/catalog/korg-tact-switch-3

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Ok thanks. What sucks is a have a gig tomorrow and no backline companies carry keyboards this specific here.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Hmmm, you'd think they'd at least have one Extreme... being such a popular keyboard.

By the way, I assume the "program" button is totally shot? About 4 of my Triton buttons started giving out, but I could get them to function after (delicate) multiple presses. Obviously you have to be careful not to push too hard and crack the circuit board.

:taz:

Will it respond to Bank/program change messages via MIDI? In a pinch you could use something to externally change them.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Well the work around was grabbing sounds from the Program bank and saving them as a new Combi in a bank. I have never used Combi from Korg workstations as the generally suck so I did not care about over writing them.

noblevibes.com

I have never used Combi from Korg workstations as the generally suck so I did not care about over writing them.

I've created some terrific string pads, crunchy organs, and bizarre layers with combi mode. I hardly ever use single programs anymore.

:thu:

Well the work around was grabbing sounds from the Program bank and saving them as a new Combi in a bank. I have never used Combi from Korg workstations as the generally suck so I did not care about over writing them.

I hope you know that you can copy the master and insert FXs of the program. This will save you a lot of time!

Rudy

No I don't actually. My knowledge is limited with a lot of stuff and I don't do manuals that well.. I guess it's more of a patience thing.

noblevibes.com

Not to make light of the situation, I must be constantly hitting the extreme suck button on my Triton classic :-/

Back on topic, hope it works out well, man. You are more than welcome to borrow my Triton classic if need be, but I know you need specific sounds.

Kronos 88 Platinum, Yamaha YC88, Subsequent 37, Korg CX3, Hydrasynth 49-key, Nord Electro 5D 73, QSC K8.2, Lester K

Me & The Boyz

Chris Beard Band

Thanks man I have Shimi's Triton Le I got last night so I can use that. I will have to figure out something for Sunday though.

noblevibes.com

It isn't I dropped it off at a local shop that does stuff for me and I don't have a back up for the weekend. I'm kind of fucked.

noblevibes.com

Archived