Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Half Moon for Vent with XK-1

StanC

I thought i saw a thread on this but couldn't find it by searching. I am considering a half moon from Ashby Solutions. Anyone here controlling a vent with the half moon on an XK-1? I wonder what happens if the half moon is on "Fast" and the switch on the Vent is used to change speed to slow? Also are they available anywhere other than Ashby?

Stan

Gig Rig: Yamaha S90 XS; Hammond SK-1; Rehearsal: Yamaha MOX8 Korg Triton Le61, Yamaha S90, Hammond XK-1

Retired: Hammond M2/Leslie 145, Wurly 200, Ensoniq VFX

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My ashby half moon overrides the vent switch (XK3)

Thanks for the reply! So how does it work for you? What I was hoping to do with the half moon is to be able to permanently mount the vent in my amp/rack and attach the half moon to the XK-1. Thereby containing the extra to/from line cabling as well as the vent's power supply and its cords at set up. That way I have one line cord from the rack to the XK1 and the switch TRS back to the vent.

Stan

Gig Rig: Yamaha S90 XS; Hammond SK-1; Rehearsal: Yamaha MOX8 Korg Triton Le61, Yamaha S90, Hammond XK-1

I have an Ashby half-moon switch. Love it love it love it.

I have it mounted with industrial-grade velcro in the "proper" place on the left of my Kurz. Mounts quickly, comes off quickly, and through about 100 gigs the velcro has stood up and mounts securely

I have the Ashby with the "stop/brake" in the middle (maybe they all have that?) so I can stop the rotator to use the extra drive of the Vent with EP, Clavs, etc.

Muzikteechur is Lonnie, in Kittery, Maine.

HS music teacher: Concert Band, Marching Band, Jazz Band, Chorus, Music Theory, AP Music Theory, History of Rock, Musical Theatre, Piano, Guitar, Drama.

Got the half moon yesterday. Works great! But. . . I really don't like the velcro attachment. While it won't fall off, it is too loose for my liking. (Moves around too much as if it were screw mounted and the screws needing one more turn to firmly seat) And yes I did use Industrial Grade Velcro.

I cant do the permanent attachment with the screws because the organ then would not fit in its case. I was considering a magnet similar to these http://www.kjmagnetics.com/products.asp?cat=10 but was not sure if that would compromise the switch or the organ in any way. Any advice on the magnet method or any other alternative ideas would be great!

Thanks!

Stan

You're using the wrong Velcro. They make an industrial strength velcro - not "fuzzy" at all. All the hooks and loops are rigid plastic. 3M Dual Lock. Wal-Mart has it. Your switch will NOT move.

Looks like this:

http://www.roc-noc.com/images/P/DualLock_applied.jpg

Muzikteechur is Lonnie, in Kittery, Maine.

HS music teacher: Concert Band, Marching Band, Jazz Band, Chorus, Music Theory, AP Music Theory, History of Rock, Musical Theatre, Piano, Guitar, Drama.

You're using the wrong Velcro. They make an industrial strength velcro - not "fuzzy" at all. All the hooks and loops are rigid plastic. 3M Dual Lock. Wal-Mart has it. Your switch will NOT move.

Looks like this:

http://www.roc-noc.com/images/P/DualLock_applied.jpg

Walmart (on-line shows that in bulk: 15' @ $100+) Same stuff here?? http://www.amazon.com/3M-RF9730-SCOTCH-RECLOSABLE-FASTENERS/dp/B000BQMW6I/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1377022930&sr=8-4&keywords=scotch+dual+lock

Stan

Archived