Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

AX7 case

J. Dan

For those of you who have gigged with a Roland AX7, what did you use for a case? I'd like something in a plastic hardshell case or similar, doesn't have to be ATA or anything, just not soft. I'm almost wondering if a guitar case with adjustable foam would work, except they don't seem to be deep enough.

I know this is the wrong forum, but i'd like something better for my Steinberger bass as well - i have the original sof case and would like something that offers a bit more protection.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dan, I'm not sure of the physical dimensions of the AX7 compared to the new AX. SKB makes a case for the new AX.

I think I've seen them around $160 at most online places.

Just an idea

David

Gig Rig:Casio Privia PX-5S | Yamaha MODX+ 6 | MacBook Pro 14" M1| Mainstage

Dan, I'm not sure of the physical dimensions of the AX7 compared to the new AX. SKB makes a case for the new AX.

I think I've seen them around $160 at most online places.

Just an idea

AX-7: 39-13/16 x 7-11/16 x 4-1/16

AX Synth: 45 x 10-1/2 x 3-7/16

Plus differences in shape at the "neck"

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I don't care if it's a little oversized...does the AX Synth case offer any way to readjust for a smaller board? I don't want it flopping around in there. Plus, although smaller dimensions, AX7 is thicker. Is there enough give in the case?

Dan

I'm not sure. I use the Roland soft gig bag for my AX. I never got the SKB case. If its anything like my other SKB hardshell cases, the foam should give enough for the AX7

There's some good pics of the SKB on zzounds

David

Gig Rig:Casio Privia PX-5S | Yamaha MODX+ 6 | MacBook Pro 14" M1| Mainstage

Thanks David, I may just build my own to be safe. I was just thinking it had been around long enough that somebody should have made something specific to fit.

Dan

Heavy is OK. Fit, protection, and availability are more important.

Dan

I use an epuphone les paul gigbag for my AX1. Fits perfectly. Padded very well. Always carry it by myself on a shoulder. Flew with it that way, too, overhead department.

Stage: MOX6, V-machine, and Roland AX7

Rolls PM351 for IEMs.

Home/recording: Roland FP4, a few guitars

Archived