Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Jammit app

Groove Mama

Jammit is sort of like bass karaoke using the original recording. Mute the rest of the band to learn the original bass part, then unmute the band and mute the bass to play along.

Not a huge selection of tunes yet (lots of Dream Theater) but more to come, I'm sure. I DL'ed Allman Bros' "Jessica" just to try it out. Pretty cool. App is free, I believe, but the songs cost $3-6 or so. Not sure if it's available in an Android version yet.

Queen of the Quarter Note

"Think like a drummer, not like a singer, and play much less." -- Michele C.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds cool. I'm sure it's old news, but there are tons of iso-ed bass lines on YouTube. I'll frequently check there if I'm having trouble hearing a line. One can also find web sites that will convert YouTube audio tracks into mp3 files. In that case, you could create an mp3 of an iso-ed bass line if you wanted.
"Everyone wants to change the world, but no one thinks of changing themselves." Leo Tolstoy

Sounds cool. I'm sure it's old news, but there are tons of iso-ed bass lines on YouTube. I'll frequently check there if I'm having trouble hearing a line. One can also find web sites that will convert YouTube audio tracks into mp3 files. In that case, you could create an mp3 of an iso-ed bass line if you wanted.

Thanks, Richard. Pls post some iso'ed bass lines.

Another cool thing about Jammit is that you can switch to score mode and play along with the notes by following the bouncing ball. (It's a green line, actually, but still...)

Queen of the Quarter Note

"Think like a drummer, not like a singer, and play much less." -- Michele C.

Here's one from one of my absolute favorite Beatle tunes: Hey Bulldog. In general, just search YouTube for whatever song title and "isolated bass."

[video:youtube]

"Everyone wants to change the world, but no one thinks of changing themselves." Leo Tolstoy

Archived