Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Project PolySix!

Michael Wright

I bought one of these when they came out since I couldn't afford a Prophet! I found this one on Kijiji for a really good price. It lights up with no sound, but I can work with that. Physically it's in pretty good shape. Sorry I ever sold mine.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7452/9423237835_b41b47f628_z.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3812/9426002408_0be1f29b37_z.jpghttp://farm3.staticflickr.com/2845/9426004352_1123a6e415_z.jpg

"I  cried when I wrote this song
Sue me if I play too long"

Walter Becker Donald Fagan 1977 Deacon Blues

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That one looks like it is in great shape. I still have mine and it has seen better days. The most common problem with the Polysix is the battery leaking and damaging the boards. I'd check there first.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

I have 2 non-functional polysixes. One is probably te battery thing, one has some bad igital omponents that are no longer availale. My dream was to design a small microcontroller based control bard and guthe panels, keybeds, and analog parts of both and bastardize them into a "poly twelve". :)

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

That's awesome. They had something similar i had put on my now stolen jupiter 6.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I was hoping it was mine I sold 25 years ago Mike, but the fellow I got it from bought it new. If it didn't turn on, I at least wanted something to work with. I will check the battery.

Gee Dan yer just scarin' me now! :o what have I done.

Thanks Gord! That's pretty hip. I had better wait a bit since the better half does not know I bought this yet. Nor the Juno 6. She may kill me. :o:whistle:

miss mine, really brings back memories. I used mine so much and for so long that my repair tech used to take guitar strings and cut them to use for key contacts. I remember stacking the six oscillators on some voices. incredible sound.

I was hoping it was mine I sold 25 years ago Mike, but the fellow I got it from bought it new. If it didn't turn on, I at least wanted something to work with. I will check the battery.

Gee Dan yer just scarin' me now! :o what have I done.

Thanks Gord! That's pretty hip. I had better wait a bit since the better half does not know I bought this yet. Nor the Juno 6. She may kill me. :o:whistle:

We won't tattle! It does indeed looks nice! Mine's in pretty good shape except a crimp on an end cheek when it fell off of a stand.

It would have been cool had it been your old P6!! That did happen to me as I've recounted on this forum a few times. 11 years after I stupidly sold mine (late 80s digital era), I found the exact same model at Guitar Center still having the patches I'd programmed into it (they were rather distinctive so I knew for sure).

Dan's so right about the battery. I had mine replaced right after I got her back but there were apparently board traces that had already been affected and it took a few years for the problems to show up. Had the traces repaired though; and that along with adding MIDI I figured I've put enough money into the old gal! But she sounds sweet!

Good luck with your restoration and please keep us posted!!!

"The devil take the poets who dare to sing the pleasures of an artist's life." - Gottschalk

Soundcloud

Aethellis

Good luck with the project and keep us posted! :D

The PolySix is on my dream list. Maybe an affordable one will pop up on Kijiji someday soon!

~ Sean

Juno-60, Juno-G, MicroBrute, MS-20 Mini, PX-5S, R3, etc.

I have an e-mail into Doctronics Gord. Thanks!

An update:

I popped the hood and it appears as if the battery has been removed, and the circuit board looks pretty clean upon cursory inspection. Along with Gord's KiwiSix link, I have located a couple of resources for those interested.

http://www.oldcrows.net/~oldcrow/synth/korg/polysix/

http://korgpolysixrestoration.blogspot.ca

Archived