Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gas attack! Help!

Groove Mama

Why, lookee here:

cl ad

cl ad

Just a couple of minutes looking. Obviously, no affiliation with the sellers, St. Louis, or the Show Me State in general is implied or expressed. Please tip your server. ;)

Just sayin, if it don't gotta be red...

What about This one?

I am just so paranoid about buying something like this online.

Queen of the Quarter Note

"Think like a drummer, not like a singer, and play much less." -- Michele C.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That looks like a good deal to me. Most Tb sellers are pretty straight, ime.

That bass looks super sweet w/ the black pickguard, imo.

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

too many http's in the link,

here it is corrected: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/fender-p-mim-995774/#post14527251

looks like a good deal. Of course no two basses are the same and if you like the one in the store, that will help you make the decision.

Oh, thx. I copied the link from the TB iPad app. Messed it up somehow.

They let me use the one in the store tonight at my lesson. Felt great. Lighter than Ruby and seemed easier to play, for some reason.

Didn't feel like I really put it through its paces, though, because we spent a lot of the time talking about theory. Also, the amps in the lesson rooms aren't so hot. Wish I could bring it home and hear it through my GK. Maybe next week I'll stay after my lesson and try it out on one of the Orange amps in the store.

I'm inquiring of the TB seller. Any caveats to offer? How do these transactions normally go down?

Rizz? :)

He seems to have the confidence of the folks on TB. That probably means something. Buying on line is never 100% certain, but it sounds like this guy is established over there and people trust him. The price is pretty good. I suppose you'll send him the money, through Pay Pal or some other means, and he'll send you the bass.

The color is called Midnight Wine, and it's a metallic burgundy. Never been a big fan of it, myself, but I have to admit it looks kinda cool with the black pickguard. I'd say if you have the money to spend, go for it.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

They let me use the one in the store tonight at my lesson. Felt great.

Yeah, they let you use it...that's how they get ya.

"Go ahead. Give it a try. No obligation..."

"Tours widely in the southwestern tip of Kentucky"

I'm inquiring of the TB seller. Any caveats to offer? How do these transactions normally go down?

:)

Well, as picker said, a trusted seller on tb is pretty hard to beat. Lots of communication and in-clicque sniping goes on, so the bad apples get sorted pretty thoroughly.

Streetscenes is a known quantity, does repaints in cool colors and resells. Seen him move quite a bit of stuff, seems like buyers are pleased.

(No affiliation, however.)

Most sellers take PayPal, although I have used USPS money orders with some, which is cool, 'cuz PayPal is evil.

That P has a nice original looking color, not too common. I'd prefer it to CAR for sure. With the black 'guard, it reminds me of the Nate Mendel sig.

:)

Well, as picker said, a trusted seller on tb is pretty hard to beat. Lots of communication and in-clicque sniping goes on, so the bad apples get sorted pretty thoroughly.

Streetscenes is a known quantity, does repaints in cool colors and resells. Seen him move quite a bit of stuff, seems like buyers are pleased.

(No affiliation, however.)

Most sellers take PayPal, although I have used USPS money orders with some, which is cool, 'cuz PayPal is evil.

That P has a nice original looking color, not too common. I'd prefer it to CAR for sure. With the black 'guard, it reminds me of the Nate Mendel sig.

PayPal is evil?! NOW you tell me!

Anyway, PayPal will be the vehicle for this transaction. Seller has been super nice and helpful, and TB folks seem to enjoy doing business with him, so I've reached the requisite degree of comfort to pull the trigger on this deal.

Looks like we appreciate the same aesthetics, wraub: He's installing the black pick guard and chrome knobs for an extra 20 bucks.

Pics to follow at some point. Cigars and champagne all around!

PayPal is evil?! NOW you tell me!

Anyway, PayPal will be the vehicle for this transaction. Seller has been super nice and helpful, and TB folks seem to enjoy doing business with him, so I've reached the requisite degree of comfort to pull the trigger on this deal.

Looks like we appreciate the same aesthetics, wraub: He's installing the black pick guard and chrome knobs for an extra 20 bucks.

Pics to follow at some point. Cigars and champagne all around!

Funny thing about those aesthetics: I don't do red. I simply don't.

I once said on this forum that I don't do red basses in exactly the same way Jeremy does blue ones. I stand by that.

That said, that bass looks the hotness with the black, the chrome should only do it up right.

And PayPal is, imo, ime, evil (virtually) incarnate.

They provide a service people are welcome to choose, and the transactions do work, so, you know.

I usually choose not to use them when possible.

Congrats on the bass, keep us posted!

Maybe we'll start a "Post your P bass" thread...

p.s. I want a Dingwall, too...

1. At one point, Squiers were made in Mexico;

B. A bass is a bass. Put flats on that thing and raise the action a bit, and tell me you can't play funk on it;

c: The Zone bass is lightweight, has a smaller body, offers myriad tone options, and is inexpensive.

All above options took me approx. 5 mins to find.

I am only suggesting a look around might save a buck or 2.

By the way, wraub, you actually ended up saving me almost $200, so thank you for that!

As for the name, um, maybe "Rosie" or "Rusty" or "Ginger"? Doesn't hafta start with an R. That was just a coincidence with the other two names. Tell ya what: If I do end up buying it, I'll let you guys name it.

Yes, what this forum needs is a "Name my P-bass" thread :facepalm:

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

Well, since you bought it, and the color is Midnight Wine, why doncha call it "Wino"...Wonderful WINO, the big sound in the big town!

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Black basses are louder.

Red basses are faster.

Blue basses are cooler.

Darn -- all my basses are sunburst. Where does that leave me?

Uh...sunburst basses are brighter, maybe?

Well, since you bought it, and the color is Midnight Wine, why doncha call it "Wino"...Wonderful WINO, the big sound in the big town!

Funny, but it's got to be a first name.

Sorry saw this late, but congrats on the bass!

Strings are a very personal thing. Id suggest doing something different on this bass and as you mentioned putting on a good set of flats. I haven't used the DR flats, but I have used and liked DD Chromes or EB group III/IV). If you are set on rounds, I really like DR Sunbeams on P basses

I'm playing Rotosound 77 Jazz flats right now. As Rizzo said, it's a personal decision, but these are the best flats I've tried yet. Brighter, more roundwound sound but still that great flatwound feel.
"Of all the world's bassists, I'm one of them!" - Lug

1. At one point, Squiers were made in Mexico;

B. A bass is a bass. Put flats on that thing and raise the action a bit, and tell me you can't play funk on it;

c: The Zone bass is lightweight, has a smaller body, offers myriad tone options, and is inexpensive.

All above options took me approx. 5 mins to find.

I am only suggesting a look around might save a buck or 2.

By the way, wraub, you actually ended up saving me almost $200, so thank you for that!

No problem at all, dear lady. My pleasure.

There's a reason I have 5 nice instruments totaling roughly $725. No reason to overspend. :D

Funny, but it's got to be a first name.

How about wraub? :D;)

I had LaBella flats on my P bass. Very old-school and sounded great in the studio.

It has round wounds on it now which makes it more useable for me on gigs. If I need it for the studio again, I'll put the flats back on.

TI jazz flats are great strings. They are on my fretless and even thought they are expensive, you only have to buy one set. They last forever.

Archived