Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

PX5S- would like to know about synth capability

happypants303

Hey all- I usually lurk and not participate, mostly because I am a beginner. Would like to know though, how well the new PX5S hits the synth craving for some people out there. I've seen a bit now on its other capabilities (piano, elec. piano, etc) but would like to know how the Hex Layer idea holds up. Would make it a nice next purchase if it is a fun synth on the side as well.

mahalo!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey all- I usually lurk and not participate, mostly because I am a beginner. Would like to know though, how well the new PX5S hits the synth craving for some people out there. I've seen a bit now on its other capabilities (piano, elec. piano, etc) but would like to know how the Hex Layer idea holds up. Would make it a nice next purchase if it is a fun synth on the side as well.

mahalo!

The synth section is amazing. I really can't say enough about it- it goes deeeeep. You can do 2 hex layers and 2 tones for a total of 14 total sounds - leyer them, cross fade them, velocity switch them. The free data editor of the PC/MAC makes it very easy to program... after some hands-on time the front panel gets easier too. Add the arpeggitors into the mix and you have some real synth goodness. :)

How easy is it to modify the envelopes on the filter or amp, for example? Is it fairly straightforward thru the synth or is it better done thru the editor? And how fast can you throw in another layer or tone on the fly?

Thanks for the response!

As to your first question, the envelopes are more complex than the traditional ADSR envelopes, but not as easy to use.

Bringing in layers is easy - you can have 4 complete tones mapped to the sliders, or even 6 synth layers in a hex patch.

Moe

---

Archived