Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

the good and the bad... cool rehearsal

Ross Brown

Tonight rehearsal fell apart :o... singer had horrible headache and could not rehearse, guitar player set up and then got a call from his wife about a water leak in the wall and his house was flooding... he left without playing a note... this left the drummer, me and the new guitar player.... his second rehearsal... This was actually an opportunity to hear him play with out all of the other stuff going on.... we had fun, he played well, sang fine. We played some of our set list and then jammed some blues and other stuff.... was fun... good musical connection... :thu:

Maybe not the most interesting story but ....

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You had a drummer, a guitarist, and a bass player. There are a few bands who've done pretty well with that combination.

This is one of my favorite configs....

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

One band I was in years ago, we used to occasionally have "parts" practice.

I'd get with the drummer and one of the guitarists to tighten up the rhythm on a few things. Or a few of us would get together to work out arrangements on new tunes. Or we'd all convene with an acoustic guitar to work on vocal harmonies.

Can be very constructive.

"Tours widely in the southwestern tip of Kentucky"

My band does "vocal only" practices a lot.

Maybe one of the most important practices of all, especially if your band does covers. You could play the song perfectly; but if the vocals are off, that's all the crowd will hear.

Back in the 70's I was was in a Top 40 band. We had band vocal lessons and individual lessons with a voice coach, in addition to vocal practices.

Jim

Confirmed RoscoeHead

Archived