Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT, but music-related (12 tone)

Odyssian

Hello fellow KC-ians. I haven't posted in a long while, but I thought someone here would appreciate this video I stumbled across.

It's about 12 tone music. The most interesting part is the delivery of the video - well, that and the music she composes from very well-known children's songs. You'll just have to watch it to see what I mean. All I can say is WOW.. and I wish she would either speak a little slower, or that I could hear a little faster. :)

Anyway, if you have 30 minutes to spare for intent listening, it's a very interesting and sometimes comical video. The downside is that I feel a bit like an under-achiever after watching it! Have fun watching...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure thing! It took some patience on my part to get through the video, because of the fast paced delivery. I was very impressed with her keyboard skills. Her vocal abilities were also crazy good. Seems like a very smart and talented individual.

Although I had an idea what 12 tone music was about, this video really helped me to understand it. I'm also curious now to try this in my own music.

Archived