Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Is my peculiar word worder acceptable?

In a poem/lyrics that I wrote, I used some word order inversions that at the time I wrote seemed creative to me, but now I am not so sure the result is acceptable. I would like your opinions.

The poem apparently describes a man praising his woman, but at the end the reader discovers that the man is an astronaut and the "woman" is actually the planet Mars that he is visiting and investigating. I did it that way to establish an analogy between the scientist's passion and a man's love for a woman. At one part of the poem, the idea is "I have come to this planet to investigate its surface, go up its mountains and have fun investigating its caves" but the wording I used was (with many inversions):

"Your skin I've come to undress

But fall, succumb and surrender

Pink mounts I'll climb and caress

Dark caves I'll find very tender"

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems okay to me, but I would have left out the explanation to avoid biases.

On a second reading, some of the phrases are a bit much if it were about a woman, "pink mounts" and "dark caves." If a person was thinking that was about a woman, they'd be like, "ewww."

I don't have issue with the structure, though.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived