Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Getting knobby with DSI

Sam Mullins

I bought a DSI Tetra a year ago, my first real analog since I sold my MIcro-Moog twenty five years ago. I loved the sound, but after a year I had to admit to myself that I would never spend significant time editing sounds via the limited knobs on the front panel or by using the computer editor. I'm a software engineer and the idea of spending my music time staring at a screen has become increasingly unappealing. I realized that what I missed about the old analog days was less about the sound and more about the quick, intuitive sound exploration.

So I sold my Tetra. I thought briefly about buying the Mopho x4 but I didn't really want another keyboard and it still has some overloading of knobs (e.g. one set of DADSR knobs shared by filter/env/mod3) So....I just took delivery of a brand new Prophet 08 rack module. I have to say that it makes all the difference. Well worth the additional investment (I got it for just over $1200 on a special). Now back to twiddling.....

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Steve: what Pot Mode do you find the most useful: Relative, Passthru or Jump?

I initially thougth that Passthru would be the way to go, but now it seems like Relative is the most useful for tweeking.

Anyone else have a preference?

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

Archived