Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Signal chain..Pre-amp to Vent

TommyS

Hi all. What are the pros/cons on running a Speakeasy Vintage Tube pre-amp into a Vent then to the amp. I assume this would be the preferred signal path,then adjusting a gain structure. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks to everyone.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I use a Speakeasy 122AMA. I find that running the vent into the Speakeasy 122AMA works better because the Vent is not overloaded. I can send a stronger signal to the house. I find the little red light does not come on running the vent first. The pre-amp may work differently.
"Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."

I go speakeasy to vent, and use the output gain knob on the back to adjust the signal level going to the vent.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

I didn't start the thread, but had the same question ! - About to retire my trusty old KBR-3D for a lighter (but more power) amp and am opting for the vent .. but since I also have a Speakeasy currently between my CX-3 (new model) and KBR, wasn't quite sure of the config .. thanks guys !

PC1x, Hammond XK1c, Deep Mind 6, MS500 (gig rig)

Kurz PC4, Mini Moog Model D, Little Phatty, Hammond M3, Leslie 145, viscount op-3, Behringer model D, Roland GAIA.. (home studio)

Archived