Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

KC 150 amplifier hum ... any solutions?

Bob L

Just a side-note . . .

As a technician, I always love it when a customer comes in completely assured which connection on which IC is to blame, because they read about it on a forum.

I'm not saying they're never right, but when they're wrong it always makes more work for me to convince them otherwise if the problem isn't exactly what they already expected.

I'm just saying . . .

American Keyworks AK24+ Diablo (with bow), Hammond L100, Korg M3 expanded, Korg Sigma, Yamaha MM8, Yamaha SY99

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not saying they're never right, but when they're wrong it always makes more work for me to convince them otherwise if the problem isn't exactly what they already expected.
Why do you have to convince them? Don't you just take it in the shop, diagnose, and fix?

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Had similar problem with my Barbetta and using a 3 prong to 2 prong AC plug adaptor solved the problem. It was a ground loop thing.

Yes but I would not recommend this as the fix-it-all solution as I want all keyboard players to live long and prosper.

Had similar problem with my Barbetta and using a 3 prong to 2 prong AC plug adaptor solved the problem. It was a ground loop thing.

It hums without anything else plugged into it, so it can't be a ground loop. Plus he already tried that.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Just a side-note . . .

As a technician, I always love it when a customer comes in completely assured which connection on which IC is to blame, because they read about it on a forum.

I'm just saying . . .

Wait a minute.

My advice was my opinion from having only the block diagram as a reference.

There is a difference between your customer telling you that a particular IC is to blame because he heard it on a forum...

and your customer suggesting that this IC could be the problem.

It's all in how you listen to your customer and how you decide to manage his expectations.

As a technician, if you don't take what that customer said for what it is - an opinion he read on a forum, and diagnose the problem the way you should, then yes, there's more work for you.

I'm just saying...

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Wow my post seemed a bit snarky in retrospect . . .

Quit smoking 3 days ago~

Carry on, please 8)

No problem, Mr. Rockhouse. :)

Good luck to you!

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Wow my post seemed a bit snarky in retrospect . . .

Quit smoking 3 days ago~

Carry on, please 8)

You can do it Rockhouse, you don't need those things. I quit after 30 years and I'll never go back, man.

:thu:

Good luck with life without smoking! :thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Just don't do what a friend of mine did. He's been chewing nicotine gum for 10 years now...and still has the occasional cigarette.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Just don't do what a friend of mine did. He's been chewing nicotine gum for 10 years now...and still has the occasional cigarette.

My doctor tells me it isn't the nicotine that's the big health concern. It's all the gunk in the tar. Of course, I smoke anyway but at least I know what's killing me.

Instrumentation is meaningless - a song either stands on its own merit, or it requires bells and whistles to cover its lack of adequacy, much less quality. - kanker

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00101WA4C/ref=mw_dp_sim_ss3?pi=SX125

They also make a unit that plugs into an outlet to your amp..their gear definitely works cuz I've used it..If you get one or the other...or both it will definitely reduce or solve your issue.."Good luck storming the castle!" :-D

"A good mix is subjective to one's cilia." http://hitnmiss.yolasite.com

I don't have scientific proof, but I'm always bringing a power strip with built-in RF shielding (RF filter) and I have yet to hear any humming from my system. Anyway, doubt in this case it is the issue, the comments about pre-amps and so on might be the culprit.

Archived