Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: iPad/Safari and Facebook

J. Dan

Posting here because a lot of you have/use iPads. Mine seems to be less and less compatible with Facebook all the time. When I view people's pictures, it usually just shuts down and I have to reopen safari. Most videos don't work. The latest thing when people post videos to their wall, on my newsfeed, it just says "access denied, you do not have permission to view...." and the words cover a couple news feeds. There are a lot of other things that act really flakey.

Just wondering if everyone else is experiencing the same thing, or if this is unique to mine, and what, if anything, I can do about it.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I get the "access denied" on my Ipad II and FB as well with Safari. I guess I should get the FB Ap as it works well on my Iphone. I can't post apostrophes on the Clonewheel forum with the Ipad as they turn into jiberish.

Hammonds:1959 M3,1961 A-101,Vent, 2 Leslies,VB3/Axiom,

Casio WK-7500,Yamaha P50m Module/DGX-300

Gig rig:Casio PX-5S/Roland VR-09/Spacestation V3

http://www.petty-larceny-band.com

I'm having the same problem. I think the issue is that FB keeps changing the programming of the site. Things really started to get wonky about two weeks ago. What's really weird is that the videos with thumbnails that say "access denied" are ones the iPad can actually play. The ones that look normal with a visible image/thumbnail all turn out to be .FLVs which the iPad doesn't support.

I also have a lot of trouble editing posts on the iPad. There is a FB app for iPad. It's awful but it seems to be getting to the point where you have to pick your poison.

The last few revs of the FB app on my 1st gen iPad have been pretty crashworthy. Prior to that, it had been stable.

I rarely use FB in Mobile Safari because of how poorly it works, such as having to tap links like "Like" twice in order for it to take.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Yeah Joe, I've also encountered that annoying multi-click-before-it-does-anything as well as text boxes disappearing when you try to enter something.

For the record, I have a first gen iPad that is up to date on the OS.

I considered the app, but assume functionality would be similar to what I get on my phone....extremely limited. And if you're saying that it crashes as well, then there's not much point.

Somebody at some point mentioned an app that plays flash content on iPad but I can't find it now (I can find apps, but I don't know which was recommended). Anybody with experience care to recommend?

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I like the FB app better than via Safari, except now for the crashes. :(

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived