Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Which Moog bass then?

Nillerbabs

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Damn! I was forgetting about my Camel Audio Alchemy soft synths..

What Alchemy libraries do you like for bass? I haven't purchased any of the add-on libraries for Alchemy Mobile yet.

Well, to me the go-to product for synth bass is Alchemy "Electronic Bass". Other products have some great bass as well ( Junkie XL: Future Oldskool, Electronic, and Dubstep), but the go-to package IMO is Electronic Bass. These are installed on my Win 7 DAW (Cubase 7), my MacBook Pro (Mainstage), and my iPad.

EDIT: Looking at Alchemy on my iPad and will check those out as well.

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

Perhaps I should just concentrate on using my Voyager RME for this...

I wouldn't forget this option ...

The softies sound good in studio, but in the context of a band they get washed out without some care in the hardware signal chain. Moog won't get washed out. Easy to use. Plug it into an amp or PA and it rocks the band. Just my experience. YMMV.

Little/Slim Phatty oscillators go deep enough, but the filter sweet spot is too high and you get a pretty tame bass (just like the Waldorf Pulse in some ways ... deep but lacking in character). Also the oscillators float free, like the Voyager. (Unlike the Minitaur and Sub-Phatty, there is no phase lock.) With Voyager or Slim/Little Phatty you want to use oscillator sync to lock your oscillators, or let one oscillator anchor the bottom and let the other(s) add some character, which is a fine strategy for most bass sounds.

Despite my earlier post about the tonal limitations of the Minitaur, it can more than cover your typical synth-bass needs. Hope this helps.

Archived