Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hello,

I realize that some people around here will find it to be a wonderful thing that I have decided to quit the political threads, johnny b most of all. :P

We go around and around about NOTHING.

I used to learn a little something every now and then but it has gotten to the point lately that it is completely pointless.

I wish everyone the best of luck and Merry CHRISTMAS to all. :thu:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by WOW:

Hello,

I realize that some people around here will find it to be a wonderful thing that I have decided to quit the political threads, johnny b most of all. :P

We go around and around about NOTHING.

I used to learn a little something every now and then but it has gotten to the point lately that it is completely pointless.

I wish everyone the best of luck and Merry CHRISTMAS to all. :thu:

Thanks for some good info WOW.Merry Christmas.

:D

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

I believe that you've made a wise decision. When I had more time, I used to play around in the pol threads a bit but quickly realized that it is totally futile to exercise common sense around the paranoid, naive and ignorant. I still lurk around, read them, laugh and occasionally stick something in but I don't have the time or patience for the circular stupidity that usually takes place. Thank you for at least trying to provide some intelligent discourse.

Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

WOW,

I once quit the political threads, but then you kept posting and I couldn't bear to witness your confusion. I've tried to help you, but you're stubborn. You're support of Bush and your Libertarianism is like the child who can't admit their dad commited the crime, as the evidence mounts and mounts.

Okay, now that WOW is gone, here's the new plan!

Step 1: Elect Hillary President.

Step 2: Eliminate term limits. Appoint Hillary President for Life.

Step 3: Adopt Hillary's socialized healthcare plan.

Step 4: Make Ken Starr apologize to Hillary. Then make him sleep with Linda Tripp.

Step 5: Add Bill Clinton's face to Mr. Rushmore.

Step 6: Fire Bill O'Reilly and replace him with James Carville.

Step 7: Fire Sean Hannity and replace him with Janeanne Garafolo.

Step 8: Fire Rush Limbaugh and replace him with Jesse Jackson.

Step 9: Make Rumsfeld wear a turban and make him present his briefings in Arabic.

Step 10: Reinstate Affirmative Action and require General Powell to start talking like a black guy.

Step 11: Send Ashcroft on an extended vacation to Cuba (one-way ticket).

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Geez, let Wow quit in peace! :D

I mean, he finally throws in the towel after realizing that all of his political views are indefensible, yet you guys keep trying to get a rise out of him! Just let him slip into a happy retirement spent chatting online with fellow Dean supporters and working the telephones at NPR pledge drives.

:P

Originally posted by alcohol_:

WOW,

I once quit the political threads, but then you kept posting and I couldn't bear to witness your confusion. I've tried to help you, but you're stubborn. You're support of Bush and your Libertarianism is like the child who can't admit their dad commited the crime, as the evidence mounts and mounts.

Alcohol - will you quit with the Libertarian angle? Wow is as much of a Libertarian as I am a Transvestite Neo-Nazi Eskimo (well, bad example - I was born in Alaska :eek: ). PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE get yourself educated about what the Libs stand for - we all really hate it when people paint us as Republicans who've gone off the right wing deep end. It just isn't so.

I suggest you spend some time at http://www.lp.org/issues/platform/platform_all.html and get your facts straight. You may just be surprised....

"Thanks for the memories..."

http://ww2.mcgill.ca/alumni/news/f98/fight.gif

Wow,

You DO realize that now that you have quite the poly threads, people are going to

1. Act like you have conceded on all of your points, even though you haven't. You just decided to stop talking about it.

2. Take pot shots at you -like Alcohol just did.

3. Act like everybody must be in agreement with their views because nobody disagrees, when in fact, the truth is that most people just won't bother to talk to them.

But tell us Wow, have you learned anything positive and/or negative from this experience which you'd like to share?

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

Griff,

Just because you dont agree with me, does not mean I dont hold some libertarian views.

You seem to think that you have a hold on the party, I DONT get this at all.

There ya go, I was tryin' to quit, but NO, you gotta start shit. :D

This stuff is like CRACK, I can't stop, HELP ! :freak:

Have you just tried to get off the "mainstream" television/internet bullshit - day to day hype that floats around like bad air in the big city. Just taking a day or two off of the media-machine can do wonders for ya! :thu:
WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

WOW.. In the words of my dear departed Dad..

Iligitimus non carborundum.. "Don't let the bastards gring you down".

Maybe you have a good idea. Perhaps all of us conservatives should leave since the majority on this forum can't stand us anyway. That way, the lib dudes would be free to make their outrageous posts and everybody on the forum would agree.

How about it Chuck? I'll go with WOW. Anybody else want to join us? Let these guys continue to make their sily comments to each other. Let Johnny B. post another outrageous claim every fifteen minutes to those who believe everything he posts.

Mark G.

"A man may fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame others" -- John Burroughs

"I consider ethics, as well as religion, as supplements to law in the government of man." -- Thomas Jefferson

Archived