Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Drawbar Keychain

mahinty

I pimped my key chain the other day with a Hammond drawbar:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8508/8457270700_5a0d043b2c_n.jpg

At last my key chain reflects my personality a wee bit.

This particular one is from a Hammond M3 (but you guys knew that anyway), but there are a number of people on eBay selling a variety of drawbars as keychain accessories.

I thought it was cool, anyway.

My blog

Nord Electro 2 | microKorg | Casiotone MT-65 | Hammond XB-2 | Korg Electribe-R ER-1

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mine looks like ZioGuido's except it is a white drawbar. I've had it for several years now. Got mine from the Hammond Organ store when they were in Morton, Pa (home of Diversi Organ). My numbers wore off and the drawbar is slightly chipped. Given to me by the famous Roy Johnson ...

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

There is someone selling those all over E-Bay and they should be reported because the description is inaccurate. If your looking for a clone all those keychains come up.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Just out of curiosity, how could we tell an M3 drawbar from a B?

The only diff I'm aware of is the lower manual on M3 has 8 bars rather than 9, but you can't tell that from a single drawbar.

Was intended as a sly joke, given the high number of trainspotters on here who know things like Wurlitzers built in July 1969 used a different brand of capacitor than on earlier models, etc. Probably should have used a wink emoticon. ;)

My blog

Nord Electro 2 | microKorg | Casiotone MT-65 | Hammond XB-2 | Korg Electribe-R ER-1

I had one but the numbers wear off really quickly. It needs to be dipped in polyurethane or something to protect them.

Thanks for the warning. Mine already has some scratches after only a few weeks. Might slap some lacquer on to protect it.

My blog

The only diff I'm aware of is the lower manual on M3 has 8 bars rather than 9, but you can't tell that from a single drawbar.

The OP's drawbar has a red dot, which is the "combination" drawbar on M's. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think consoles have it.

The OP's drawbar has a red dot, which is the "combination" drawbar on M's. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think consoles have it.

I knew someone would know!

My blog

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I'm the one making them. Thanks again Mahinty for buying one.

I removed the clone tags from my listings, I'm new to ebay and didnt know that it was frowned upon.

And I'll look into to the polyurethane coating this week. I feel bad that the numbers wear off after a few months. Thanks for the tip.

And yes I get all of them from M3s and M100s.

• 1 month later...

Hey Organyst

Shortly after reading the feedback above, I noticed some paint was wearing off on on mine. I then applied some clear nail polish which seems to have put an end to that.

Sorted.

My blog

Archived