Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cool article about "Edward" [Nicky Hopkins]

Joe Muscara

Jamming With Edward

At the start of 1969, through early July, Hopkins was working with the Stones on tracks that would become Let It Bleed. On 23rd April 1969, in the midst of the sessions for Let It Bleed, Ry Cooder joined Nicky Hopkins, Mick Jagger, Bill Wyman and Charlie Watts and the five of them jammed; Jimmy Miller the Stones producer kept the tapes running. These are the tracks that ultimately became Jamming With Edward that came out in February 1972 on Rolling Stones Records [and is now available as a download].

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably one of the coolest things he's played on. The phrasing is just great on here. Not that easy to play either:

[video:youtube]

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Always loved his playing. Surprised the article didn't mention "Angie", which was I'd guess was the biggest hit he played on.

To brag for just a moment, I actually have the LP "Jamming With Edward". I bought it about 100 years ago when I couldn't get enough of anything to do with the Stones.

Custom Music, Audio Post Production, Location Audio

www.gmma.biz

https://www.facebook.com/gmmamusic/

I bought Jamming With Edward when it came out on CD. It's a fun spin.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Thanks for posting this. Nicky is my rock piano hero. I have a poster of the Tin Man Was a Dreamer album hanging in my studio.
Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

Archived