Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Need Bright humbuckers - hot but not too hot.

CEB

I notice that some posters suggest some of their favorite humbuckers, but not necessarily "bright" and "hot but not too hot" models...

To be fair, both are pretty subjective and heavily dependent upon each poster's personal experience.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I notice that some posters suggest some of their favorite humbuckers, but not necessarily "bright" and "hot but not too hot" models...

To be fair, both are pretty subjective and heavily dependent upon each poster's personal experience.

+1 and it's going to be an experiment that his tech will earn his keep on, if he can make it happen for CEB's ear and his idea of bright but not too hot, on the guitar in question.

Take care, Larryz

GFS Alnico 2's in my epi leas paul were a great improvement for the price over the dark originals pickups. I'd go Duncan Antiquity's split set(alnico 2 neck/alnico 5 bridge) or Duncan P-rails with the triple shot pickup rings if they are ring mounted. Lots of sonic options with thse pickups. Plus p90's sound better with all mahagony guitars..think LP jr.

Archived