Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

yamaha cp-70 question...

rockkeys

Anyone know of a source for cp-70b power supplies/sustain pedals?

It's easy to build one - just replace the connector in the piano with a regular 3 pin DIN socket - buy a modern DC walwart, fit the DIN connector and away you go.

12VDC @ 1000mA, Regulated

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He told me it was amazing how many of these they sold to keyboard players that often purchased a Prophet 5 at the same time.

Best stand for a Prophet 5 ever made! I had a similar arrangement, with a CX-3 sandwiched in between them.

Or a Prophet 600...

http://www.hotrodmotm.com/images/gallery/overhead.jpg

Moe

---

Anyone know of a source for cp-70b power supplies/sustain pedals?

It's easy to build one - just replace the connector in the piano with a regular 3 pin DIN socket - buy a modern DC walwart, fit the DIN connector and away you go.

12VDC @ 1000mA, Regulated

I bought spare connectors from onlinecomponents referenced in this link.

CP70/80 Resources

Never realized until now this site belongs to our contributor OceanBeach Dave. :thu:

• 4 months later...

Hi there crew. A new recruit here, found your thread thru a general search. I've got a CP70B, had it since new (circa 1980).

Its spent a lot of time in a road case but I recently exumed it to lend to a publican mate who wants some ambience in the corner of his restaurant.

I'm not getting signal to the unbalanced outputs but there appears to be power to the piano (ie red light next to the power input comes on.)

Is there a fuse or similar that i should know about?

I havent checked the balanced output - got a shortage of cable hardware

Archived