Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Casio question. LK keybed? (Mike Martin?)

mikecorbett

I was walking through Future shop today and I passed by some Casios. Out of curiosity I checked out their keybeds. there was a cheap little 61 noter, I believe an LK 280 (lighted keys) . Well, it didnt exactly feel high end, but there was something extremely playable about those keys. So much so that I reckon if I could get that action in a 76 (perhaps without the lights!) I would be very tempted to pick it up as a light weight 76 controller to bring with a Motif or other 61 noter.

there was the 76 note WK 6500 beside it and I did not like the feel of its keys at all, they felt much less solid and playable than that of the LK. So my question is, do Casio produce a board with this action in a 76 noter?

We are all slave's to our brain chemistry!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will confirm but it has always been my impression that the action was identical in all the portables, lighted key or not.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

there was the 76 note WK 6500 beside it and I did not like the feel of its keys at all, they felt much less solid and playable than that of the LK.

I noticed the very same thing with the WK 6500 keys feeling much cheaper and toy-like compared to a CTK model beside it at a Best Buy. Perhaps it had been pounded all to crap over time but I did not like the feel of the WK.

I will confirm but it has always been my impression that the action was identical in all the portables, lighted key or not.

Hey mike , thanks for answering!

I am pretty sure these two are different keybeds, they felt totally different. If I could tht action in a 76 at the great prices u guys offer I would pick one up. Lightweight, surprisingly solid feel and about as expensive as some accessories for other boards!

We are all slave's to our brain chemistry!

Archived