Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Brian Ho & "Mojo" Adventures!

surreal mccoy

A few weeks ago I posted my hopes of coming into contact with a Crumar Mojo to hear and experience in person.

To my good luck and fortune, Brian Ho aka: bhodaway10 contacted me and let me know he was happy to have me attend one of his San Francisco Bay area gigs and even allow me to sample his Mojo.

I'm happy to report that I saw Brian play this past Saturday night with his awesome Jazz trio including Calvin Keys on guitar and Leon Joyce on drums. What a superb lineup!

On break, Brian graciously demonstrated his Mojo thru a Leslie 3300 as well as via a solo QSC K10. He allowed me to play the Mojo.....and I quickly discovered that this board really "sang" as far as any Hammond clone I've experienced up until now! It did not feel "wimpy" or make me question whether or not it would cut thru the mix.... I felt almost as if I were playing a chopped B3...

I think a Mojo may be on my short horizon... :cool:

Thanks again Brian....and for those of you not familiar with Brian and his wonderful,"groovatious" music, please check out:

www.brianho.net

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got to hang with Brian at NAMM this past year. One of the humblest and nicest dudes you could run across. Good story!

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Archived