Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Guitars you will NEVER sell!

Telefonic

Did you re-finish the Strat? That's a very cool finish. Love the Burns 12-string hanging next to it, too.

Nope, body is as received.

@Larryz - I'm sure you've admired it before - I'll try & remember you in my will!!! :D

G.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My 90' LP standard. Not only is it the best playing LP I have ever held, it was given to me for my 35th BD by my wife... so even if I wanted to sell it - which I don't - I wouldn't.

Count yourself very lucky SEHpicker, I have two buddies that can't sell the guitars their wives bought them, even though they would rather get rid of them...(the guitars that is!).

Yes - I am a lucky guy Larry. my wife totally gets it when it comes to my guitars - she was smart enough to enlist the help of a friend that really knows guitars to find mine. :love::love:

SEHpicker

The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

Did you re-finish the Strat? That's a very cool finish. Love the Burns 12-string hanging next to it, too.

Nope, body is as received.

@Larryz - I'm sure you've admired it before - I'll try & remember you in my will!!! :D

G.

OK by me, but I'm guessing you'll outlive me...and thanks for the kind thoughts!

Take care, Larryz

My 90' LP standard. Not only is it the best playing LP I have ever held, it was given to me for my 35th BD by my wife... so even if I wanted to sell it - which I don't - I wouldn't.

Count yourself very lucky SEHpicker, I have two buddies that can't sell the guitars their wives bought them, even though they would rather get rid of them...(the guitars that is!).

Yes - I am a lucky guy Larry. my wife totally gets it when it comes to my guitars - she was smart enough to enlist the help of a friend that really knows guitars to find mine. :love::love:

Very cool story! and nice to have such cool friends and a great wife...mine hasn't bought me a guitar herself, but has turned me loose with the checkbook a few times... :cool:

Take care, Larryz

I think your video has clarity and good sound, I only wish you would have shown what else your guitar can do (ie. clean sound, more than one vibe, etc.) so we could here more of what the guitar sounds like clean, overdriven, reverb, etc...

<---- maybe something like this one?

ps. You sound great on both vids and hope you don't mind me posting this one to show your clean vibe! :cool:

Hey Larry,

Thanks for the comment, don't mind in the slightest.

I have a Blueberry with Satan carved into it. No an actual scene with Satan. Actually, a scene of Satan on every visible panel from every observable angle. Even the back...

I bought it in a blind bid auction. I can't give it away...

Does that count?

Hell, yeah!

Ba-dum-bump-TIINNNNNGGG!

The Satan Guitar

20130225_180306.jpg

20130225_180251.jpg

20130225_180232.jpg

20130225_180210.jpg

Astounding craftsmanship!

No joke: if you really don't want that, post pictures of it over at Ultimate-Guitar.com- a more metal-centric site- and I bet you get offers. Lots of them.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

You should not give it away as I'll bet it will bring in a pretty penny if you decide to put it up for sale...I would think there are lots of gothic diablo types out there that would love to get their hands on it. +1 on Astounding cratsmanship! :evil:
Take care, Larryz

I have a Blueberry with Satan carved into it. No an actual scene with Satan. Actually, a scene of Satan on every visible panel from every observable angle. Even the back...

I bought it in a blind bid auction. I can't give it away...

Does that count?

Hell, yeah!

Ba-dum-bump-TIINNNNNGGG!

The Satan Guitar

20130225_180306.jpg

20130225_180251.jpg

20130225_180232.jpg

20130225_180210.jpg

WOW! Impressive

Agree that guitar looks impressive and I would not want to part with it. My prize is a Black Gibson LesPaul Custom with the twenth (aniversary) inlayed in the fret board. My first wife bought it for me many years ago new (1974 or 75 I think). Only others I saw like it are on line. Jim

Terrell, Blueberry guitars are finely crafted instruments from

Montreal. I find their penchant for carving and adornment over the the top, but rest assured, you have a great guitar.

Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

Sometimes, a cheap chuckle is all you need...

Did you keep the stock pickups in it? I love Carvins, but I don't own one, and the ONLY complaint I hear about them (mostly online) is that they don't have great pickups.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

Yes, those are the stock pickups. That guitar has a bright, clear, bell-like sustain to it that just sounds wonderful. And with the ebony fretboard and stainless steel frets, bending strings is so easy that it actually changed the way I play. I do a lot more bends and vibratos, with a .010-.046 set of Ernie Balls. Although it has a Wilkinson vibrato, I rarely put the arm in it. I cannot recommend Carvin guitars highly enough.
I rock; therefore, I am.

Archived