Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

I've officially got NAMM 2013 GAS - DSI Prophet 12!!

Jason Stanfield

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this looks and sounds very interesting, but I want to hold off to the Messe to see what new synth Clavia is going to release....

NORD STAGE 2, IPAD 2 with lots of soft syths

Roland td9 expanded

Guitars, basses, Pod Xtl, GT-10b

Garritan, Reason, Symphonic Choirs , Cubase, Sibelius

Three shelter cats

The Prophet 12 is scary-good. I think we now need a bigger, thumbs-up emoticon.

If my long lost, rich 'uncle' died and left me a fortune I might consider the Schmidt, or more likely the Solaris - in addition to a Prophet 12 :crazy:. But the Prophet 12 alone is within the GTOR ( GAS-to-obtainability ratio), over the next 12 - 24 months; yikes.... Miss having a poly - RA voice in the toolbox. I recall projects from the late 80's in which I used a Prophet 600 and OB-Xa. Still have recordings that are full of MKS-80 sounds; didn't sell that one off until '08. Not so much live, but for originals and sessions RA was a staple in the rig. A Prophet 12 'tabletop' ( :idea: ) could certainly find a place in the live rig though :D .

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

A Prophet 12 'tabletop' ( :idea: ) could certainly find a place in the live rig though :D .

+1. Not sure they could easily do it in a reasonable size rack mountable format. The prophet 08 rack is already fairly dense and there are considerably more controls on the 12.

So I would vote for a non-rackable table top with the wheels and ribbon controllers. But not sure I see that happening.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

I had first thought that I would just keep my DSI Prophet'08 and not GAS over the '12. 2 things I really like in addition to the obvious extra polyphony and the 4th oscillator are the internal power supply and what seems to be (can someone verify this?)the ability to call up a patch using a numeric keypad like the original Prophet 5. On the '08, one must scroll through 2 banks of sounds to get to the patch you want. I don't care for this system of locating patches. other than that, it's a wonderful synth.
:nopity:

Here's another video, which provides a lot more sound examples:

[video:youtube]

Man... That sounds like an old Novachord.....

[video:youtube]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vhx0C-zK4wU

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Archived