Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Creative avoidance to trainwrecks

thabottomend

Our band came up with a creative way to avoid trainwrecks last practice. Whoever misses an ending buys the next round.

Should work about four times. After that, who's gonna know who played the last note...

Do not be deceived by, nor take lightly, this particular bit of musicianship one simply describes as "bass". - Lowell George

"The music moves me, it just moves me ugly." William H. Macy in "Wild Hogs"

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While of course there have been times where we make mistakes onstage, it usually hasn't been TOO noticeable...

There have been a couple of times where the singer asked the keyboardist to do the song in another key, and they somehow or the other failed to tell ME, the guitarist - luckily I was able to figure it out quickly and adapt.

But I think your solution is an excellent one!

Still cheap but still possibly along the lines of physical abuse is pushups. The non-violators decide 5 or 10.

I'm pushing 50 (or as I prefer to say, dragging 45) and I'm the youngest in the band. I don't think any of us could to ten pushups.

Sure would be funny to watch though.

Do not be deceived by, nor take lightly, this particular bit of musicianship one simply describes as "bass". - Lowell George

"The music moves me, it just moves me ugly." William H. Macy in "Wild Hogs"

Archived