Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

This Just In......PX-5S

unclebyron

Thanks for the news Mike!

A BIG part of my decision

to purchase the Px5s is your

participation in the forums.

(Let your boss know!)...

If you would have told me

3 months ago I would be

dropping $1000 on a Casio

I would have called you

nuckin' futz!

Thanks again!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I used my PX5s for the first time on a gig yesterday. It was a "jazz" gig at a tasting room for a local winery with my sons and a bass player friend. The PX sounded great (the piano in MONO no less) and everyone commented as such. I was a happy camper!

What are you using for an amp?

btw - Kraft emailed and said "You got the LAST one!"

:cool:

I had an EON G2 set up (just 1 as it was a TINY venue) that I was running the keyboard, a flute mic and actually the bass thru with a DI. The thing I dig about the AP sounds is the decay is long enough to sound good on sustained stuff and the attack is not overly pronounced, which playing legato stuff much more workable for me than with other digital APs I've used in the past.

I just looked into the PX-5S availability here in Australia. Shocked to find out it's DOUBLE the USA price. I have no idea why, the units probably travel the same distance from point of manufacture to the USA as to Australia. Sure it's a smaller economy,but to be double seems like unnecessary price gouging to me.

Disappointed.

www.dazzjazz.com

PhD in Jazz Organ Improvisation.

BMus (Hons) Jazz Piano.

my YouTube is Jazz Organ Bites

1961 A100.Leslie 45 & 122. MAG P-2 Organ. Kawai K300J. Yamaha CP4. Moog Matriarch. KIWI-8P.

Hey everyone, just joined the forum to say thank you to all of who are contributing to this thread. Been following it for a week or so now and thought a thank you was in order. Just preordered a px5s about a week ago from zzounds. The rep there said that he has no clue when they may see some though.... I have a bad feeling that I maybe waiting a bit. If I somehow get one soon though, I`ll post some vids for you guys.

Also, Mike, Casio needs to really give you a presidental suite for all the hard work you`ve put into this. Just from seeing/hearing how much you believe in this product made me realize how much your company listens to it`s consumer base. That`s the kind of company worth buying into. It was you and this board that capture yet another casio customer. So, I thank you.

Hey everyone, just joined the forum to say thank you to all of who are contributing to this thread. Been following it for a week or so now and thought a thank you was in order. Just preordered a px5s about a week ago from zzounds. The rep there said that he has no clue when they may see some though.... I have a bad feeling that I maybe waiting a bit. If I somehow get one soon though, I`ll post some vids for you guys.

Also, Mike, Casio needs to really give you a presidental suite for all the hard work you`ve put into this. Just from seeing/hearing how much you believe in this product made me realize how much your company listens to it`s consumer base. That`s the kind of company worth buying into. It was you and this board that capture yet another casio customer. So, I thank you.

You can always cancel the order and get it from someone who has it in stock.

FullCompass has them:

http://www.fullcompass.com/product/443610.html

Here's one on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Casio-PX-5S-88-key-Keyboard-Workstation-/300893364483?pt=Keyboards_MIDI&hash=item460ea46103

Casio PX-5S...StudioLogic VMK 161 Organ Plus...

You may be waiting a couple more weeks -

I am seeing some retailers expecting

new stock in mid-May.

I would take NMB advice - CXL and

order somewhere else...

And yes, Mike Martin has really done

a great job presenting this board.

One of the main reasons I decided

to give Casio a shot.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the kind words. I really love this product and the best part is we haven't even scratched the surface of its sounds yet.

I'm traveling a lot right now...luckily this week I'm traveling with a PX-5S. In my "spare time" I'm finishing up the first of many videos. The first one is an overview video (long overdue), the rest of the upcoming videos will be short "how to's", feature and sound specific

Obviously availability of the PX-5S is a little challenging right now but as they begin to be more readily available in stores hopefully the upcoming videos will give people a better understanding of the instrument when they approach it the first time. I don't think the PX-5S is difficult to use at all, but its DIFFERENT. Similar to some other products like the Jupiter 80's which has registrations - the PX-5S is always in its Stage Settings mode and that just takes one moment to get your head wrapped around.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Just got mine and have been playing around with it for about an hour. So far I'd say it's well worth the money. Excellent action!! There are several AP's that are very impressive. The EPs are not the best I've ever heard, but they are no slouch by any means. Several good organs, some not so good. The weight and size are wonderful!!

Stick with the Stage Settings at first:

Rhodes - end with 1. So they are #0-1, 1-1, 2-1 and so on.

Wurly 0-2,1-2, 2-2...etc.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Stick with the Stage Settings at first:

Rhodes - end with 1. So they are #0-1, 1-1, 2-1 and so on.

Wurly 0-2,1-2, 2-2...etc.

Thanks Mike! That's what I've been doing. There are a few areas that are stronger than others, but overall very nice. A couple of the AP's remind me of my Galaxy Vintage D.

The more I'm digging around in the Stage Settings the more I'm liking it.

90 pages for a Casio keyboard - the mind boggles!! They have come a long way since the first wally boxes hey!!

There is no luck - luck is simply the confluence of circumstance and co-incidence...

Time is the final arbiter for all things

90 pages for a Casio keyboard - the mind boggles!! They have come a long way since the first wally boxes hey!!

They sure have! And they've been around a long time too! Back in the day, I was ecstatic to have a Casio, 49-key battery-operated keyboard as an alternative to going to parties with no piano around. That's all changed now. Along with my arsenal which includes Kronos and Nord, I also have the PX-330 and the PX-350. I take the 350 to every gig with no regrets. Easy on the back (low weight), great action + sound, and always reliable. Looking forward to trying out the PX-5s!!!

PianoManChuck

Authorized reseller: Casio, Dexibell, Kurzweil, Nord, iLoud, Viscount

Keyboard Reviews +

And the PX-5S runs on batteries, too! ;)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

That's one of its greatest features! We've come way more than "full circle" :)

I bought the Roland battery operated amp

so I can take full advantage of this feature!

Camping will NEVER be the same again!

http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp/@0_mall/reckb/cabinet/brand_r/r9_kc110_2.jpg

You can always cancel the order and get it from someone who has it in stock.

FullCompass has them:

http://www.fullcompass.com/product/443610.html

Here's one on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Casio-PX-5S-88-key-Keyboard-Workstation-/300893364483?pt=Keyboards_MIDI&hash=item460ea46103

Afraid that I cannot, bit of a budget problem atm, going through zzounds for their payment plans. It`ll be worth the wait... just so anxious lol.

Thanks Mike, looking very much forward to the videos. Where will they be uploaded? Youtube? With a board like the 5s, it`s un-comprehensivly powerful in the fact of how much it can actually do with the hex layers alone. It`s gonna be a long time from now before each possible combination of sounds will be explored to their fullest.

With a board like the 5s, it`s un-comprehensivly powerful in the fact of how much it can actually do with the hex layers alone. It`s gonna be a long time from now before each possible combination of sounds will be explored to their fullest.

Yup - this IS NOT your father's Casio!

I was blown away by the "On the Run" demo!

That's one of its greatest features! We've come way more than "full circle" :)

I bought the Roland battery operated amp

so I can take full advantage of this feature!

Camping will NEVER be the same again!

http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp/@0_mall/reckb/cabinet/brand_r/r9_kc110_2.jpg

Yup! The KC-110 stereo keyboard amp with 20 Watts of power (30 when plugged into AC). I took this and the Roland Lucina (battery-operated keytar) to a few outdoor get-togethers. Now, everyone (including me) will be blown away when they see a full 88-key board and amp being played in the middle of the woods. Now THAT's what I call versatility, and the FIRST of its kind!!

PianoManChuck

Authorized reseller: Casio, Dexibell, Kurzweil, Nord, iLoud, Viscount

Keyboard Reviews +

Archived