Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

SK2 Purchased! Just need to incorporate into the rig.......

Losendoskeys

I've yanked it out of the box and tweaked to the same settings as my XK3C. Boy will it save my back! :)

Now all I need to do is learn how to play in an L-shape.....

R

Alan

Yamaha CP70B;Roland XP30/AXSynth/Fantom/FA76/XR;Hammond XK3C SK2; Korg Kronos 73;ProSoloist Rack+; ARP ProSoloist; Mellotron M4000D; GEM Promega2; Hohner Pianet N, Roland V-Grand,Voyager XL, RMI

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Isn't it only 5 pounds lighter?

Yes but it has a handle in the middle of the back. Also it has both manuals. When you add the lower manual and stand and the extra trips carrying them the '3c adds up to a lot more work.

I'm strongly considering the SK2 and plan to spend a lot of time with it at NAMM. Does only having one set of drawbars bug you like crazy?

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

I have the SK2 - the single set of drawbars is a non-issue. Got used to the layout very quickly.

I had the same idea: use the SK2 with a DP in an L-shape, but the SK2 is so light and handy that I just use it by itself mostly with the lower manual covering piano sounds and the upper covering organs. Saves carrying a DP and it makes my stage footprint much smaller, which the bands appreciate.

I have the SK2 - the single set of drawbars is a non-issue. Got used to the layout very quickly.

You just make your own presets and become really quick with them?

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

I do both - I make my own presets and I work the drawbars live. When playing dual manual organ I really don't do much with the lower manual DB settings - they pretty much stay the same. I do much more with the upper manual DB's. Then when I switch to piano (AP, EP, Clav, etc.) on lower manual and organ on the upper, the DB's are only for the upper manual.

I do both - I make my own presets and I work the drawbars live. When playing dual manual organ I really don't do much with the lower manual DB settings - they pretty much stay the same. I do much more with the upper manual DB's. Then when I switch to piano (AP, EP, Clav, etc.) on lower manual and organ on the upper, the DB's are only for the upper manual.

+1

Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

Congrats!

Are you going to be using the SK2 with the Genesis tribute, or is for a different band?

Loving the gear list in your signature, by the way.

Thanks - yes, it's for Los Endos.

There are a couple of tracks we are doing now which mean patch changes are nigh on impossible with only three keyboards.

Anyone got feedback on the L-shape idea?

Haven't tried it yet..........

and to make space for the L-shape I'm afraid the TTR100 is about to leave my signature :(

Yamaha CP70B;Roland XP30/AXSynth/Fantom/FA76/XR;Hammond XK3C SK2; Korg Kronos 73;ProSoloist Rack+; ARP ProSoloist; Mellotron M4000D; GEM Promega2; Hohner Pianet N, Roland V-Grand,Voyager XL, RMI

I'm strongly considering the SK2 and plan to spend a lot of time with it at NAMM. Does only having one set of drawbars bug you like crazy?

For me I use presets so no tweaking between patch changes - Tony Banks wasn't one to change drawbars on the fly - hell, he only changed Leslie speed to fast on one track!

I play Hammond Sk2 and Nord Stage 2 in a L shape!!

I really like sit playing in a L shape, much more comfortable and I play organ that much better.

NS2 88, Yamaha Cp300, Moog Little Phatty, Hammond Sk2, Roland Fantom X6, Ventilator, Nord C2D, Leslie 3300, Leslie 122

I spent a ton of time with the SK2 at NAMM yesterday and I'm convinced. The drawbars are super easy and it's way easy to switch them between top and bottom. In fact the whole layout was very intuitive indeed. The only thing that baffled me for a bit was figuring out how to transpose the piano down an octave. I want this board badly!

I play Hammond Sk2 and Nord Stage 2 in a L shape!!

I really like sit playing in a L shape, much more comfortable and I play organ that much better.

Thanks for that!

I spent a ton of time with the SK2 at NAMM yesterday and I'm convinced. The drawbars are super easy and it's way easy to switch them between top and bottom. In fact the whole layout was very intuitive indeed. The only thing that baffled me for a bit was figuring out how to transpose the piano down an octave. I want this board badly!

Go for it - you deserve one!

Couple of ways to do this; using piano on the lower manual ( my preference) just pull up the piano, elect piano, or keys by pushing the voice tab you want. Then just scroll left and it will take you to octave; set from -2 to +2; I like -1. Or, you can hit the lower tab on the fly and drop/raise the octaves but by doing it this way, the organ as well as the other voice changes octaves. I prefer setting up the other voices as in my first description. Glad to hear you are into the sk2, it never disappoints and has so much to offer in an all in one set up. Good luck.

Archived