Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New products from Hammond Suzuki

b3halt

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey guys, check this out.They announced the SK1-73 and the SK1-88.

http://www.suzuki-music.co.jp/hammond/topics/073.html

Why in the world 73-keys F - F ?

I´d prefer C - C ideally,- or E - E.

A.C.

You are talking H/S here.... I am sure Scott has a reason and can answer that good question...

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Because that is the way the Nord 73 is. Heck they are probably using the same 3rd party keyboard.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

It probably is pretty close to the weight of the SK-1-73 plus the difference between it and the SK-1. (9.3 + 2.3 = 11.6 +/-)

I've always preferred a weighted 88 for piano, but having it all in a gig bag is very appealing. How much I like it will depend a lot on how I like the feel with the other sounds I guess. I think I'm already sold.

--wmp

Because that is the way the Nord 73 is. Heck they are probably using the same 3rd party keyboard.

That´s why I don´t have a NORD 73 !

The only keyboard I owned w/ a keybed F - F was a clavinet D6.

In fact, I expect an instrument w/ Hammond in the name to be much more a organ than anything else extra voice thingy.

The NUMA has that C - C Fatar keybed which appears more logical to me because it can be used as preset switches local or a full manual over MIDI as also control a GSi VB3 on the DAW by switching preset textfiles using the lower octave.

I really don´t see the point H/Z has to copy a NORD design.

A.C.

The only keyboard I owned w/ a keybed F - F was a clavinet D6.

And, btw, the entire span of a clavinet (actually 60 key, F to E) is still encompaseed within a 73 C-to-C.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Hey guys, check this out.They announced the SK1-73 and the SK1-88.

http://www.suzuki-music.co.jp/hammond/topics/073.html

Why in the world 73-keys F - F ?

I´d prefer C - C ideally,- or E - E.

A.C.

If you paid attention to this posting a week ago you could have been bitching about it before the HS announcement.

https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2462208/Hammond_SK1_73_key#Post2462208

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

Let the bitching begin. The fuckin keyboard just came out and people are complaining.
You're getting ahead of yourself. The fuckin keyboard* hasn't even come out yet.

*From now on, the SK1-73 and SK1-88 shall be known as "the fuckin keyboard." So it is written, so it shall be done.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I assume that this was the "big" announcement that Scott May was referring to a couple of weeks ago.. Does anyone really think that the extra voices in the SK series are really good enough that to warrant an 88 note weighted action keyboard? Sorry, unless the EV's are significantly improved I don't see this being a big seller.

That said, if they put a really good acoustic piano in it, add some additional sample storage, and get to work building a better sample library, it could do quite well.

Craig MacDonald

Hammond BV, Franken-B (A100 in a BV cabinet), Leslies 122/147/44W, Crumar Mojo, HX3 module, Korg Kronos, VR-09, Roland GAIA, Burn, Ventilator

I assume that this was the "big" announcement that Scott May was referring to a couple of weeks ago.. Does anyone really think that the extra voices in the SK series are really good enough that to warrant an 88 note weighted action keyboard? Sorry, unless the EV's are significantly improved I don't see this being a big seller.

That said, if they put a really good acoustic piano in it, add some additional sample storage, and get to work building a better sample library, it could do quite well.

Can't happen.

I do wonder about F F keyboards and the only way I can make sense of it is that a lot of organ jazz is in flats so perhaps Nord and Hammond think their market would prefer that range. Personally, I'm hating the lack of a low E on my NS273 - especially when I have to cover LH bass. Octave shift works, but sure is disorientating.

Here for the gear.

If you paid attention to this posting a week ago you could have been bitching about it before the HS announcement.

https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2462208/Hammond_SK1_73_key#Post2462208

No, obviously I didn´t pay attention to your post a week ago,- that´s why I´m bitching here and NOW,- alright ?

Low F on a organ keyboard is BS except it were a 2 manual spinet model,- and I was never a fan of these.

A.C.

I'd be all over this fuckin keyboard if I had fallen in love with it when I demoed it. The SK line just didn't light me up. But props to H/S for making a light, 73-key Swiss army knife.

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

Everyone on this forum hates Hammonds anyway.

:whistle:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

The Hammond Europe site has some info:

Hammond EU

Also click on Download and then Brochure.

The 88 key version is semi weighted and seems to default to 2 44 key organ manuals. I didn't see anything about how the 73 defaults. I haven't read everything yet.

Weight

SK1: 7 kg (15,43 lbs)

SK1-73: 9,3 kg (20,50 lbs)

SK1-88: 11,6 kg (25,57 lbs)

SK2: 16 kg (35,27 lbs)

maybe, just maybe the new SK-1 73 and 88 might have some improved extra voices!!!!
Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

Archived