Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

If you could have one back...

Minte

The Les Paul "Ruby" with P-90s that I lost to the fire, and a 1956 Fender "tweed"/"low-power" Twin Amp that I used to have many years ago.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I was pointing out in another thread, there are a surprising number of nice used instruments floating around the D/FW Metroplex, and I just don't make that kind of money.

In 2012, i missed out on a pristine used Godin Progression for $399- tried it out, thought it was amazing went home, decided to go back for it ASAP, and it sold the day before I returned to that store. And, to make matters worse, there were a pair of Velocities floating around the area GCs that were about $100 more...neither of which I bought.

At the same time those Godins were available, one GC had a dark green Patrick Eggle semihollow that was going for around $650. And a couple of years ago I had to pass on a Jon Kammerer burled walnut solidbody that was probably a custom. Just $1k. I have 5 of his guitars, so I know exactly what I passed on.

I need to increase my income and/or stop guitar shopping...

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

Aaaand 2 more have escaped my grasp...

I decided to pull the trigger on Reverend Flatroc 15th Anniversary in blue metal flake, #9 of 12, only to find it had been sold a day or so previous.

So I scoured the Internet and found Reverend Flatroc 15th Anniversary in blue metal flake, #5 of 12, put it in my cart around 3:30AM, went through the checkout procedure, and went to bed.

Tonight, I get an email telling me it had been sold in store- I guess they didn't read their emails/online orders as the first order of business- and are now offering me a gold one.

(I don't know if I can do gold metal flake. Its not as subtle as the blue.)

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

Archived