Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Do u play Live Electronic Music? Can I interview u 4 a book?

Jason Prine

Hi,

Thanks for having a read. I am Jason Prine - an avid Live PA artist on a quest to tell the story of Live PA in book form.

Im a big fan of anthologies that contain interviews of artists who all partake in a specific craft; e.g. directors, writers, photographers, songwriters. And as I have a passion for Live PA and Electronic music, I thought that this would be an interesting project to cover. I know theres a community of both artists and fans alike who would be interested in this type of insight, both newbies and seasoned folks, hobbyists and professionals alike. Hence this post. I'm looking for Live PA artists who wish to be profiled in a book titled "I am not a DJ. This is Live PA."

For me the objective of this book is to provide an outlet for Live PA artists to share our knowledge and views with a larger audience. I am not focused on any one genre, simply the concept of playing live Electronic music. The book isnt strictly about the knobs and dials of your setup, which we will definitely cover, but I want to get into points about creativity, your underlying methodology, influences, and the future of Live PA.

Now Im not looking for big names for this book. Im looking for artists who are local / indie / regional / hobbyists who have had less exposure and potentially more interesting / wacky setups and methodologies for playing live Electronic music. Lets face it, there are tons of music magazines out there that cover the gamut of the big names and thats not what Im after here. Im looking more towards local / grass roots / people who play live for the pleasure of playing live.

In terms of timing, I know folks are super busy, but if you can spend any time on this between now and April 2013, you should consider being a part of the project.

In return for being a subject in the book, Ill prominently feature a photo of you / your act, your bio and any prominent links you want to push in your chapter of the book, along with some photos. Ill also make sure to send you a draft of your chapter so you can provide feedback. Finally, Ill send you a final version of the eBook in either PDF, MOBI, or EPUB (or all three).

I plan on this initially being an Amazon Kindle only release so that it is available to folks for free through the Amazon lending library if they have an Amazon Prime membership. Im also setting it up to be available in physical form through CreateSpace (it will be black and white 6x9). Once the Amazon time limits expire, Ill push it out to iTunes, Kobo, etc.

Please email me @ prinejason@gmail,.com if you are interested and we'll go from there.

Cheers,

Jason Prine

https://soundcloud.com/jason-prine/

https://twitter.com/prinestweettm

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfVrq99ClFs

prinejason@gmail.com

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Live PA???? Oh, man, i think you've just entered a minefield! :) But i think there will be some members. My experience is only limited to either live playing or Dj-ing (i also played with Dj/band longtime ago and it was really interesting). But Live Pa is a different animal. Good luck
Be grateful for what you've got - a Nord, a laptop and two hands

What's a Live PA?

I see the title of your book - why would people confuse you with a DJ?

Are you like Dan "the hairy sweater" Deacon - wasn't previously aware of him but read the article in this month's Sound On Sound.

I'm the piano player "off of" Borrowed Books.

Yeah. How "live" is "Live PA" is a constant struggle for some. For me, it's all about if you are playing your own material. Hardware, software, hybrid of the two...that's really up to the artist.

You'd be surprised how many people actually think you are DJing. Quite a few of the artists that are working with me on the book gave a LOL to the title as they said they can relate.

Happy Dog - just digging your stuff on MySpace right now. Really nice. Can you send me your email address? prinejason@gmail.com

I'm almost at my limit of artists. I'll keep you in the loop on the progress of the book.

Cheers

Archived