Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hammond/Speakeasy rig in action..!

Analogaddict

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I left a few crumbles in the store....
And apparently none of the backline companies in Sweden got anything as good as the crumbles.

Sounds great by the way. I can say with confidence your clone rig sounds a lot better than the one you saw me use, or the 80's CX-3 that started smoking on me at soundcheck in Sala the next night. It even sounds better than the B- or C-3 (can't remember which) plus Proline Leslie they had for me in Göteborg.

A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Sounds great! Love your style...

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Sweet! Nice groove, nice rig, and that lap steel is a doozy! ;)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

So that's what Swedish music sounds like! :laugh:

I never would have guessed. That sounds a little too good to be the camera mics. I count at least three cameras. I'd be grateful for all the details you have on the recording, shoot and post. And the piano too. If that's a Hamburg Steinway B in a jazz club and your barbecue is any good, I might be in the wrong country.

Good stuff! :thu:

--wmp

So that's what Swedish music sounds like! :laugh: I never would have guessed.

LOL! Well, everything is international these days. My dad was born and raised in Mexico, my wife is half german - or Polish, since her dad was born in german-occupied poland, and I have relatives in Atlanta, New Jersey and Hartford CT... The piano is a Steinway, I don't know if it's a NY or Hamburg piano, but I've played it a LOT through the years. It's a lovely piano, and I heard from the club owner many years ago that both Chick Corea and Herbie Hancock wanted to bring the piano home. :) The leslie was miked with 3xSM57, and we used the sub line out on the Leslie 3300. The piano was miked in stereo, not sure what mikes were used but the stuff I've heard so far sounds great. There was a LOT of volume on the stage, so I had to play the piano pretty hard in order to get a clean signal. We had 3 or 4 cameras and one camera guy, we tapped every single channel on the mixer to a laptop (not sure about the sound Card either. I had quite a busy day).

Here's a crash course in the swedish culture and language;

There was a LOT of volume on the stage
That explains why your percussion player was wearing earplugs.

If the front corners on the Steinway are rounded and not square, it's most likely a Hamburg unless it's around or over 100 years old. Then it's hard to tell.

[in the early 20th century, NY switched to making square or Sheraton corners, while Hamburg continued to make them round. That's how you tell the difference on any Steinway less than about 100 years old. I don't recall the date NY changed, but you probably can find it with some research. Also, there are few NY Steinways in Europe and few Hamburgs in the U.S.]

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

If the front corners on the Steinway are rounded and not square, it's most likely a Hamburg unless it's around or over 100 years old. Then it's hard to tell.

Aah, another thing learned! IIRC it's a 1960's piano, so I guess it's a Hamburger [sic...]. I was wearing earplugs too, dual guitars is seldom a good sign volume wise...

The band has a great groove. The lap steel wah-wah effect is killer. I like the camera angles and also that the cameras stayed on each musician long enough for the viewer to take it in.

Thanks, it's a lot of fun to play with these guys. I'm not sure what wah he's using, but he's a connoisseur indeed. His pedal board is huge and very well selected. The camera man is also an excellent keyboard player, so he knows how to approach live music.

Archived