Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Advice on Keyboard Choice

DrHorace

Actually, the closest equivalent to Kurzweil's QA mode on the Kronos is their Set List mode (which is actually better). Yamaha also has an equivalent on many boards in their Master mode.

anotherscott,

I'm not a fan of the Yamaha Master mode, largely because it is linear in how you select Master programs. It would be fine if you set up the keyboard for each song list but not so good if you don't do that pre-planning. Also, you don't have patch remain on the Yamaha.

I really like the Kurzweil QA mode because you can get to each of 16 different banks of 10 sounds with one button push, so only two button pushes to get to 160 different sounds. That works pretty well on the fly.

Greg

Kurzweil Forte, Yamaha Motif ES7, Muse Receptor 2 Pro Max, Neo Ventilator

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just quickly adding that the Kronos seems to have the "QA" feature mentioned for Kurz as well. You can mark a combi or program as a "favorite" and then filter it so that only your "favorites" display when picking a sound.

Actually, the closest equivalent to Kurzweil's QA mode on the Kronos is their Set List mode (which is actually better). Yamaha also has an equivalent on many boards in their Master mode.

Ah my mistake, from the posts (not familiar with QA mode) just thought it was a way to mark something as "favorite" and quickly access it, which you can still do on the Kronos. Although you are likely right, setlist mode is probably the same in terms of functionality.

Archived