Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Sonuus WAHOO pedal video review

Alberto Rigoni

Hello guys,

that's my video review of Sonuus new pedal Wahoo.

I think the pedal is pretty versatile and you can create a lot of cool sounds. I'm pretty sure it will improve my creativity.

You can see the video at the following link:

cheers

Alberto

[video:youtube]

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are great sounds. I can get them with the Roland V-Bass but it is a bigger unit than the pedal. The V-Bass unit cost about the same but then the disadvantage is the investment in the Roland GK3B pickup and the 13 pin cord and a bass one doesn't have a problem with drilling a couple of holes to mount the pickup.

Wally

I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

Mine arrived yesterday but too soon to use in last night's gig as I will have to get used to the sounds. Found a good wah sound and a very neat pulsing synthstyle LFO effect at soundcheck though. AT first listen the envelope presets will need the sensativity fiddled with, at least with a passive bass.

Spent two nights experimenting. First thing that hits you is just how many sounds this have. I have a few pedals that have one or usable sounds with a little variation and that's neat and simple but this has a huge range. Of the 100 editable presets I likes about 30-40 on bass and loved about 20. AS they're all editable I could easily tweak more to love them though. With 100 user presets and USB software editing I can even create sounds fine tunes to my active bass and other sounds fine tuned to the passive.

Some of the envelope filters have volume spikes as I played with the jazz bass and I find this a common problem with envelope filters but I will adjust the settings and make them work. There were still a good few great sounding envelope things though in the presets.

I did find some great wah sounds, and some stunning talkbox type pedal wah things. There are some great 70s style sounds and some of the dual filter LFO presets are amazing sounds.

All great fun!

I've always had troubles getting what I wanted out of my EBS IQ envelope filter. It seems this is common for many brands for this type of pedal. One of the things I like about the Roland V-Bass is can get these sounds working great with presets and no tweaking.

Wally

I've always had troubles getting what I wanted out of my EBS IQ envelope filter.

I agree completely. It takes a lot of work to get it right (with the EBS), but it sounds good once you hit it. Problem lies in the instances when you need more than one setting and have to make a change...

...good luck hitting it right again "on the fly".

Jim

Confirmed RoscoeHead

I've always had troubles getting what I wanted out of my EBS IQ envelope filter.

I agree completely. It takes a lot of work to get it right (with the EBS), but it sounds good once you hit it. Problem lies in the instances when you need more than one setting and have to make a change...

...good luck hitting it right again "on the fly".

I'm not currently using the pedals and now using the Roland V-Bass that nails it without any adjustments.

Wally

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

OK,finally tried editing the sounds on the computer and it opens another world! One thing I found (via youtube) was that most of the effects sound better for bass if they are switched to low pass filter (from band pass). Suddenly everything sounds so much better!

Now to use it live and see how the volume dip thing is affected.

Archived