Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Studio Billing Software?

I have been using the old way of handwriting recipts for my clients, but i figure having several thousand dollars in mics, pres, comps and my DAW i could do better with my accounting.

So, what are you guys using for billing software??

Do you have printers hooked up to your DAW?

Dennis

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made a Microsoft Access database. Nothing too fancy, just keeps track of clients, hours, rates, amount paid and amount due. If you have Access and don't need more than that, I can e-mail you the database (cleaned up, of course). I think there was a thread here about this before, if you're looking for something more commercial. Try the search function on this forum.

Unlike most others, my DAW is networked and I have a networked printer. I use a D-link DP-101P to network my HP DeskJet.

aka riffing

Double Post music: Strip Down

http://rimspeed.com

http://loadedtheband.com

Just two short weeks ago, I was gonna come up here and rave about this software I'm using (and loving). I invoice my clients for a wide range of stuff. IT consulting, tour management, live event production, equipment sales and service.

Please see my original response to your question from GM's forum...

--------------

Funny you should ask this as I'm having a blast with my $39.99 staples software.

It's called "My Deluxe Invoices & Estimates".

Web site is at this location

It is NOT geared towards pro audio - but it does the trick 100% for me.

It does NOT support (at least the version I have) multiple users in the data at the same time (but you can stick the data on a network, as I did and put the app on a local PC)

It does estimates, invoices, reports, customer lists, etc etc. I liked it so much, I bought another copy - just to have it.

After 5 years of using Excel and Access, this $40 piece of software really, truly does what I want to do.

After entering a bunch of info, it recalls your different rates (say you charged different rates for different times of day; or different rates for different gear).

It calculates discounts. It calculates and sums state tax. If you update your cash flow info regularly, you can see which bills are due, past due, etc etc.

Caveat: I'm using Windows PC's...

NYC Drew

- edited to include URL that was originally posted on GM's forum...and yes, you absolutely can pop your own logo in there...

NYC Drew

Originally posted by spokenward:

MyInvoices & Estimates Deluxe Thanks for the tip, Drew! You have no idea how timely this is. I have been using a homebrewed Filemaker system that is costing me money. Time to give it up and fire the programmer. (though I hope he finds work...)

Hey SW,

I updated my post to include the URL. Silly me, copied the test from my other post, but not the URL! :thu:

As mentioned prior, I was gonna post about this before, but I don't generally like to blab about every little thing....

NYC Drew

Archived