Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Set List Maker and iPad help needed

BluesKeys

Ok, I have my song list along with key signatures, words etc. loaded into the app on my iPad. Now my delima is our set lists change slightly from night to night.

Question

1.how do you recieve and load your set lists? our musical director makes a set list right before a show on his Macbook pro... do we use email? or do I have to get him set up with set list maker and transfer wifi?

2. does Set List Maker match up the songs inputed from his computer and the ones I have already loaded so that I get my notes/keys/words etc?

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The ideal way is to get him to use Set List Maker and buy the "Sync" option ($2.99 I think) so everyone gets the changes. That doesn't happen in my band, I basically just make a copy of the prior show and drag/drop any changes. Takes only a couple of minutes.
Roland Jupiter 80, Roland FA-08, Yamaha MOXF6, Nektar Impact LX61, Macbook Air

thanks guys, i was hoping for a work around. I'll have to do some work to get our old set lists into the program...

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

• 11 months later...

Hope no one minds me reviving this thread to ask a question...

Does anyone know how to make notes automatically display on songs?

Also does anyone use the app for gigs that, somewhat ironically, don't use 'set lists'? Would you either put all of your database into a 'show'? Or, just not use perform mode (therby forgoing some of the automation)?

RD700NX, Krome 61, Acuna 73 + Mainstage 3

Since the thread has been revived:

FYI - Set List Maker now has a better solution. Arlo has created a cloud-based solution called Band Helper. It looks just like Set List Maker but this one allows changes to be made from the website and all iOS devices immediately get the changes. We have a 5 user license and use it for everything from set lists to scheduling.

http://bandhelper.com

Ahhhh, that looks good. Kinda resent the subscription only thing. But being able to do all the leg work from a PC is a very nice feature. Gonna give it a whirl now and see what I think, thanks.

It was all going so well.....

I spent around 15 min adding 60 songs using my web browser, and batch imported a load of pdf's. But only about half the pdf's show up on my ipad, even though they're listed under the song's details. Tried removing and adding again manually but they still wouldn't show up, even in perform mode. I've never had any problems with these when using SLM, so I guess it's just a glitch?

I only had that issue once. If it does happen, on the iPad click "settings...account sync...download missing files". Also when the iPad is syncing, you can click the refresh button (spinning in upper right" and it will show you status bars of everything going on.

FYI - Arlo is really good about fixing glitches quickly and is very responsive when it comes to suggested improvements.

Archived