Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

need a mini keyboard

rockkeys

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Need a practice keyboard for the tour bus: internal speakers and a mini jack input (for ipod) are a must. Anything out there past or present that is smaller/cheaper than the korg micro arranger?

The iPad has lots of nice synth functionality you can trigger from some very compact MIDI USB keyboards; it can simultaneously operate as its own iPod (and yes, you can play the tracks while playing the synth over them, if you're using this to practice to backing tracks or whatever), and it does have a speaker. If you want more oomph to the sound without connecting more pieces, you can get a cover for the iPad that includes upgraded speakers.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

I have a Yamaha CBX K1XG (clonk) which is from the stone age, but does have 37 mini-keys, internal speakers and a mini-jack input. And it can be battery powered. I use it as my home-rehearsal / van / backstage / campfire keyboard.

Good luck finding one though :(

Cheers, Mike.

Archived