Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Fender Mustang II

LeftyBlues

This is the 40 watt Mustang with a 12" speaker, nice range of presets and effects. I sold my G-dec 30 as it was way too hard to use, for an old guy anyway. Really like the 'stang right off the bat and will put my Celestion speaker in it eventually. I came to the realisation that all I need is a fairly simple solid state amp for practice and the 12" speaker means decent sound quality.
I was born at night but I wasn't born last night...

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like these amps :)

Larryz, I ended up ordering the II for my classroom. I would have preferred the III for the celestion and effects loop, but those features are superfluous to it's intended use.

Guitar Speak Podcast

www.guitarspeakpodcast.libsyn.com

https://www.facebook.com/guitarspeakpodcast

www.itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/guitar-speak-podcast

Harvey, I have the Mustang Floor which should have the same controls as the amps. Press on the Utility mode button and then press in on the selector knob and cruz through the amp/pa/etc. selections until you get to the "LCD contrast" then turn the knob down until the light dims enough for you, then hit exit...

I'm still stuck on one of my custom settings and have yet to play with all the whistles and bells. Hope the II works out good for you, If I needed an amp I wouldn't hesitate to buy a III and almost did, until someone on the forum suggested the Floor for the same price. It sounds great through my amps and PA speakers...

Take care, Larryz

There's no text to read on mine, the III has a screen but the II does not. Fine by me, the simpler the better. So nice to have a full range speaker, I've been using a Roland 20 box which sounds like it's 5 feet under water, nothing past 10 KHZ.
I was born at night but I wasn't born last night...

There's no text to read on mine, the III has a screen but the II does not. Fine by me, the simpler the better. So nice to have a full range speaker, I've been using a Roland 20 box which sounds like it's 5 feet under water, nothing past 10 KHZ.

By text, I meant the printed model names next to the corresponding LEDs. In fact my experience was with a mustang I, so the layout might be different on the II.

Guitar Speak Podcast

www.guitarspeakpodcast.libsyn.com

https://www.facebook.com/guitarspeakpodcast

www.itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/guitar-speak-podcast

Archived