Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Roland takes another step... backwards

AnotherScott

KHX - if you don't need a versatile, multi-sound synth engine, or pitch/mod control, the Electro 3 could be a good option.

Also, if pitch/mod controls are not needed for the purpose you mentioned, the recently mentioned Hammond SK-1 73 (in a concurrent thread here) might do the trick. It appears to have more ready to go, synth/ROMpler tones.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm indeed waiting for all the NAMM 2013 announcements before building my next keyboard live rig. I was looking at the Jupiter-50; actually built a similar system using an old MacBookPro and Mainstage 2.2 and a MIDI keyboard controller, layering, splits et rest. Worked fine. Using a Nord below would then annotate the system with a good player centric keyboard. But I need to contain myself so I know what's out there later this year before putting the rig together.

Who knows, if Jupiter-50 prices go down it might still be in my radar.

PS: Frankly speaking the big mistake Roland did was to name this performance synth Jupiter. They should have reserved that name for anything with plenty of sliders and knobs.

Archived