Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

HAMMOND ORGAN COMPANY Model 7222K. Serial No GA 011xy

Bob Zawalski

Please help me to identify this organ.

The aluminum Identification Tag is located under the keyboard. It says that it is a :

"HAMMOND ORGAN COMPANY Model 7222K. Serial No GA 011xy "

"Made in Japan by Nihon Hammond Ltd "

Im presenting below a list of ALL of the user options & features of this organ. I hope that someone will be able to identify this and describe which technical manual I should purchase or how to purchase one (diving board) F key and one G key the lowest white notes on the top manual.

DESCRIPTION

Top Row :

Tempo Autochord Touch Reset Touch Start Continuous Silent/Sound

Top Row continued:

Waltz Ballad Rock Jazz March Western Latin AutoVari Volume Measures A B C D

End-Of-First-Line (Top Row)

2nd Row:

Lower Tonebars (Blue) (White) Pedal Tonebars 16 8 Upper Tonebars (9 sliders) 44 keys

End-Of-2nd Line/Row

3rd Row:

Tibia Chorus Preset String Ensemble Preset Repeat Dial Repeat Off/On

3rd Row continued:

Percussion Off/On Percussion Slow/Fast Sustain OneFingerChord Off/On 44 keys

End-Of-3rd Line/Row

4th Row:

Volume /Soft Brilliance Reverb I Reverb II Pedal Sustain Vibrato Off/On VibratoSmall/Normal

4th Row continued:

Leslie Off/On Leslie Slow/Fast

End-Of-4th Line/Row

Please reply here and/or to my email bzawalski2@gmail.com

thank you

Thank you

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Piper is sort of cute. Sort has an Italian combo organ vibe

http://organpron.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/hammond-piper-autochord-bay1.jpg

Anyone hear this album?

http://www.israbox.com/uploads/posts/2011-08/1314105085_mcgriff-holmes.jpg

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Anyone hear this album?

Yikes! The tab colors match their outfits!

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Anyone hear this album?

I can't find the source, but I'm pretty sure I read that they didn't use these organs for the recording, that it was some kind of endorsement. It sounds like they used B3's, although Groove Holmes might have used a modified X77...

"Show me all the blueprints. I'm serious now, show me all the blueprints."

My homemade instruments

I think I may have been the source. The story was originally told by McGriff's road manager. I posted the story here and at organforums.

When the new organs arrived the plan was to use them but when they uncrated them the sides fell off those Hammond Concordes.

I found out later at Organ Forum from a guy who in the day worked at a Hammond dealer that this was a design flaw that broke the sides off when whenever the shipper turn the organ up on its end. They had new Concordes showing up at the dealer with the sides broke loose from the steel side frame.

They posed for picture the way they did in order to keep the side panels from falling on the floor. Knowing the back story you can reading the look on their faces which says Can you believe these piece of **** organs Hammond sent us. LOL

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

• 3 years later...

I have a Nihon Hammond Organ I would like to know if anyone can tell me more about it and if it is worth anything.

I have pictures not sure how to attach them if anyone could give advise that would be awesome.

I have a Nihon Hammond Organ I would like to know if anyone can tell me more about it and if it is worth anything.

I have pictures not sure how to attach them if anyone could give advise that would be awesome.

Not sure, I've never heard of this.

As far as attaching photos, you could try Flickr and then use the BBCode tags. Paste those here. They look like [ img ]blahblahblah.jpg[ /img ]

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Without even knowing the exact model number Diana, it still can be stated that yours in not really worth anything. Hammond made a ton of different models from the 30's up until the late 70's or so, but when they got to the all electronic models like yours it was the beginning of the end. You might make a couple of bucks by pulling out the speaker and Leslie mechanism, but I really mean a couple of bucks. Best to just haul off to the dump sadly....

Yep. If you can find somebody to give you $0 for it, take it!

Folks see "Hammond" and get all excited.

I have to remind them that not all Fords are Mustangs. Some of them are Pintos. Some of them are even worse, like the early 90s Aspire. It's a lot like this organ - a piece of crap made overseas with a North American name.

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

Archived