Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Winter NAMM KC Dinner 2013

Dave Bryce

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks to Dave and Dan and also Mike for bringing Joe Sample by, that was awesome!
Kurzweil PC3x, Nord Electro 3, Nord C-1, Casio Privia PX-3, Yamaha DX-7, Korg Polysix, Moog Taurus 3, Yamaha Motif XS (rack),Ventilator, QSC K12, K10

Thanks to Dave and Dan and also Mike for bringing Joe Sample by, that was awesome!

Joe fucking Sample came by and hung??? AAARRRGGGHHHHH, can't BELIEVE I missed it. Looks like you had a BLAST fellas. Congrats.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

I learned at the MWKCFH what an excellent host and overall great guy Dan is. :thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Great to hear the stories. I would say I'm sorry I wasn't there, but the truth is, since my reason for missing it was that I was onstage at the Hammond throwdown, on balance I'm happy with how I spent the evening. ;)

Incidentally, while I was waiting to go on, I happened to get some footage of these clowns on an escalator. I don't suppose anyone here knows anything about this? :D

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG0z3OmEJus

The pre-dinner hang at Dan's was a lot of fun! Thank you for your hospitality, Dan!

And of course, the dinner was fantastic as usual. Great people to hang with. Thanks for putting this all together, Dave!

Thanks Casio!

And thank you to everyone for being so great to talk to and hang out with. So very cool.

It's great that on this board, that with all these differing tastes and opinions, there's one thing we can all agree upon: the KC dinner and the RedKey lounge pre-party rocked. Thanks Mike and Dan for hosting and Dave for organizing / herding cats. I was too busy having a good time to take any photos!

It's great that on this board, that with all these differing tastes and opinions, there's one thing we can all agree upon: the KC dinner and the RedKey lounge pre-party rocked. Thanks Mike and Dan for hosting and Dave for organizing / herding cats. I was too busy having a good time to take any photos!

:thu:

NAMMbulating 2013 (because, of course, I need to have a cute name for walking around NAMM...)

Here's some photos of my NAMM visit, including, of course, the Keyboard Corner dinner!!!

Thank you again for the fantastic dinner and conversation and the pre-dinner hang.

Thanks Dan, Dave and Mike again! RedKey Lounge was a stupendous idea. I haven't laughed that hard....for a while! Amongst other things, I will never hear Kriss Kross the same away again.
Hitting "Play" does NOT constitute live performance. -Me.

I learned at the MWKCFH what an excellent host and overall great guy Dan is. :thu:

+1000

I have the privilege of being able to hang with my Chicago-area brother, Dan, a few times per year. They don't make too many folks like him. Glad to hear you guys had a bust-up time!

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Sorry couldn't make it. Always schedule the time off and gigs still come my way anyway. Our gig was downtown la at the former Vibiana church, which is now used for parties. Its an echoey absolutely bloody awful sounding venue , the worst. Hope for next year.

I'm still in a carb coma from Friday night...

The RedKey Lounge was awesome. It made the evening more than just dinner. The organ concert downstairs was cool too. Joe Sample was a nice bonus. How many of you bragged that you had dinner with Joe Sample? Thanks again Dave, and special thanks to Mike and Dan. Until next year!

I'm still in a carb coma from Friday night...

The RedKey Lounge was awesome. It made the evening more than just dinner. The organ concert downstairs was cool too. Joe Sample was a nice bonus. How many of you bragged that you had dinner with Joe Sample? Thanks again Dave, and special thanks to Mike and Dan. Until next year!

Completely agree, Elson. It's also cool that you can mill around a bit and not be in a sorta more fixed position, sitting at a table. But Dan is a great host, and it was a lot of fun!!!!

I haven't bragged about Joe Sample, but I have mentioned having dinner with Bob Moog a few times since that day.

~~~

Mike, cool photos!!! Thanks for posting those!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those who don't know, Mike did the photos for the Casio Privia on their information brochure, and those came out really well!!!

Few more shots from dinner.

http://imageshack.us/a/img689/2060/dscf1758dd.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img42/2898/dscf1747h.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img145/7089/dscf1725x.jpg

And my favorite... :rawk:

http://imageshack.us/a/img715/7061/dscf1754h.jpg

I don't know what it is Dan, but ... something seems to be missing from those dinner photos. Can't put my finger on it...

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Great shots. One day boys I will bring a little southern soul to the party. Looks like fun!

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

Archived