Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Winter NAMM KC Dinner 2013

Dave Bryce

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys,

I know I haven't been around here much lately. I've been making a record, and trying really hard to prevent that process from impacting my day job too much, which leaves me with far less "free time" in front of a computer these days.

I just wanted to chime in to say that Audrey and I won't be coming to the Southland this January, but we will definitely be thinking of all of you guys fondly. Have a blast at the dinner, it's always the highlight of the NAMM show for me when I go!

dB, you're a hell of a guy to arrange this every year! :thu: We'll be there some other year for sure...

--Dave

Make my funk the P-funk.

I wants to get funked up.

My Funk/Jam originals project: http://www.thefunkery.com/

Bob - if you can swing it, I'd love to see you at one of my gigs but let me know when you'll be at NAMM and maybe we can meetup!

Yessir! I'll know about the timing of that weekend more as it approaches.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Well crap! I just looked up this thread to say I can come to the dinner, but now it looks like I can't because it's at the same time as the Hammond organ show, which I'm now on. If it changes, let me now. And even if it doesn't, I hope to meet some of y'all at what will be my first NAMM.

I'm okay with either plan. Personally, I like how the menu looks at Brodard better than Buca, but I wonder how other people would feel about it. Either way, I'm in.

I agree that the Brodard menu looks better but it's also 6 miles away. So my vote would be to stick with Bucca. I'm staying at the Hilton also and I can drag a cooler of beers down to the RedKey Lounge, assuming thats OK with RedKey.

I'm staying at the Hilton also and I can drag a cooler of beers down to the RedKey Lounge, assuming thats OK with RedKey.

This is shaping up nicely.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

I can drag a cooler of beers down to the RedKey Lounge, assuming thats OK with RedKey.

:thu:

I'll make sure we are well stocked with beverages, but an extra cooler full couldn't hurt.

If you are planning to hang at the RedKey Lounge before dinner, PM me a contact number for calling or texting. I'll let you know the room number that way. I wouldn't want you all wandering the halls knocking on random doors.

I'd like to come, but have been getting calls to sub for this regular friday gig, so there is a fair chance I have to bow out last minute. If dB has no prob with that, I'd like to tentatively sign up.

I can't say I feel good about that, brother Menno.

The two currently unaccounted for seats I have will get taken for sure (one is already probably spoken for), and I don't want to have to say no to someone who wants to attend (or modify the reservation) because I'm holding the a seat for someone who says there's a fair chance he won't make it.

If the seat remains unclaimed and you can make it, you are welcome to it, of course.... :thu:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Fair enough, Dave. You already explained what a hassle those reservations can be, and that was precisely the reason I didn't respond until now.

If I'm not working and that seat is not taken, I will make good on a commitment to a certain forum member and delight all with the latest in Asian entertainment...

Fair enough, Dave. You already explained what a hassle those reservations can be, and that was precisely the reason I didn't respond until now.

If I'm not working and that seat is not taken, I will make good on a commitment to a certain forum member and delight all with the latest in Asian entertainment...

:cool:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Am I too late to sign up to attend - if not, I'm going to plan on it.

I added a few extra slots to the reservations just in case (as usual), so you're all set. :thu:

dB

Ok, it's on my schedule - looking forward to it!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived