Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Winter NAMM KC Dinner 2013

Dave Bryce

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're making the reservation for Friday, the 25th,

correct? Just checking, because I can't make Thursday night.

Kurzweil PC3x, Nord Electro 3, Nord C-1, Casio Privia PX-3, Yamaha DX-7, Korg Polysix, Moog Taurus 3, Yamaha Motif XS (rack),Ventilator, QSC K12, K10

As of now I'm without a pass so I don't know that I'll be heading up. Could conceivably come just for dinner depending on what the gig situation is, but don't put me down as a solid 'YES' yet.

edit: Just saw dB's post about 'no changes past the 28th.' I'll say count me IN then, and if I don't end up going, that'll just be one more spot for someone to potentially crash later.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

A) If anyone needs a badge, PM me ASAP. Badge deadline is Jan 3.

B) Is there any technology forumites could use at the show to keep others informed? Something people could subscribe to and also be able post updates about booths, other things at the show.

Busch.

We're in...but not until later. They're booked solid, so I couldn't get us a table until 8:45. Hopefully, that won't take anybody out....? :idk: We're good to go. :thu: dB

Sounds great! :thu:

I'll try and put together a happy hour (or two) before dinner at the Hilton which would keep us within walking or stumbling distance.

Stay tuned.

IMHO Buca is the tradition and Buca is a fun/cool spot to have it. I personally don't mind 8:45 though it does leave that 2.5 hours to kill between the show and dinner. Last year I took a walk down Harbor Blvd to kill time. Maybe if anyone else has a better idea we can pregame at some other local bar?

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

If anyone wants to try and find another restaurant that'll take reservations for 24 earlier, please go right ahead....seriously...I'm not married to Buca.

Brother Ken - will the late start take you out?

dB

No, I'll still be there. I feel like I don't get to see you or anyone else enough, and I always look forward to the company.

I was just thinking that to have something to do for what is essentially almost three hours for many of us who don't have booths or urgent business, etc., we should meet somewhere and hang out and have a drink. It doesn't have to be crowded or even be a bar, just some place that has beer or whatever.

For example, three of us randomly found some place that was a Japanese restaurant a couple of miles away or so and had some Sapporo while waiting last year, so I was thinking that we could open this up to more people.

Ideas? I'm not familiar with the area at all, only going there for NAMM once a year!!!

Maybe if anyone else has a better idea we can pregame at some other local bar?

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. And preferably some place that isn't super loud so we get a little respite from shouting at NAMM and then shouting at Buca.

I'll try and put together a happy hour (or two) before dinner at the Hilton which would keep us within walking or stumbling distance.

Stay tuned.

That might work.

Stay tuned.

That might work.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. I've got a suite at the Hilton right next to the show and an easy walk to Buca.

I'm offering a comfortable place to hang and have drinks between the show closing and time to head over to Buca.

A handful of us did this last year and it worked out great.

Stay tuned.

That might work.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. I've got a suite at the Hilton right next to the show and an easy walk to Buca.

I'm offering a comfortable place to hang and have drinks between the show closing and time to head over to Buca.

A handful of us did this last year and it worked out great.

:thu::thu::thu:

I'll be at NAMM and would love to meet some of you guys. Although I'm from SF, I'm playing a few shows in LA that weekend. Unfortunately one of those days is on Friday night (gig starts at 8).

I'd love to meet you guys for happy hour on Friday if it works out time wise!

www.brianho.net

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/brianho

www.youtube.com/brianhojazz

Well I live in San Diego now so no. But I know those venues. It would be cool to see you play finally (but I don't know if I'll be able to make it work.)

I scored a cheap hotel that's between 10-15 minutes away from the Convention Center, which is something I've always wanted to do. This'll help make the late night more palatable, since it always sucks to hang out late after being on your feet all day, drive an hour and a half home, then wake up early and drive that far back the next morning.

I scored a cheap hotel that's between 10-15 minutes away from the Convention Center, which is something I've always wanted to do. This'll help make the late night more palatable, since it always sucks to hang out late after being on your feet all day, drive an hour and a half home, then wake up early and drive that far back the next morning.

Buena Park? They seem to be the best nearby place that has rooms available.

Personally, I'm fine with the later dinner. The Brodard doesn't look very close for walking...but I'll make either.

-Mike Martin

Casio

Mike Martin Photography Instagram Facebook

The Big Picture Photography Forum on Music Player Network

The opinions I post here are my own and do not represent the company I work for.

Archived