Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Vince Guaraldi radio documentary

MonksDream

Hi guys,

Rather than resurrect a zombie thread on VG I thought I'd start a new one. I just listened to Inside The Music: Vince Guaraldi and Peanuts on CBC radio. It's built around interviews with his drummer, Jerry Granneli, who lives here in Canada. Lots of insight into his career and music. Enjoy!

Instrumentation is meaningless - a song either stands on its own merit, or it requires bells and whistles to cover its lack of adequacy, much less quality. - kanker

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whoa! Sorry to hear that. This is the first time I've heard of Canadian content not being available to Americans. Being in Canada I'm used to being barred from a lot of great stuff, Hulu for example.
Instrumentation is meaningless - a song either stands on its own merit, or it requires bells and whistles to cover its lack of adequacy, much less quality. - kanker

I have not had a chance to listen yet. Is Vince speaking extensively in that documentary?

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

Archived