Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

kurzweil 1se-is this a good price?

rockkeys

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd say that's a good, fair price. I think it's a really nice board, though a bit heavy to carry around.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

I would try to go a little lower... this is an older board and it is a bit difficult to find repair parts for our older products.

The PC1SE is a good little keyboard - it has a nice action and has the Orchestral and Classic Keys options included. They are pretty reliable... but again this thing is probably 8-9 years old.

I would offer $500. Otherwise, save up a little extra and you can find something nice that's new. All of the major brands offer decent products around the $1K price range.

I had one of these before trading for my pc3x and then the lighter pc3

I always thought it was a bargain - most of its sounds are still up to to spec (cept kb3)

(Scott May take note on the politics of being subtle.)

The PC1SE has an interesting asset to it: 76 keys (friendly to more medium sized cars), but fully weighted. Kurzweil hasn't put something like that to the market since (a PC3 76 weighted keys edition would be a no brainer for me). This feature could justify paying a little extra money. In order of magnitude, I agree with both of the previously named prices.

Anyway: I bought, sold, and rebought it. Apart from the organ sounds (against today's standards not that well anymore), it offers pretty good sounds.

I recently bought a PC1SE in mint condition for $485 shipped on eBay. Great board for that kind of money, but I wouldn't pay $699 for it. $550 max. For $699 or less you can pick up a PC2 or PC2X. There is minimal weight difference between the PC2X and the PC1SE. Although the PC1SE has a weighted keybed, the PC2X plays much better.
Casio PX-5S...StudioLogic VMK 161 Organ Plus...

Archived